JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want a fairly light weight barrel for easier carrying.
I'm a 5'1", 53 y/o woman.
I live in in the woods and want to carry it when hiking..so I'm trying to build it as light as possible.
In that case you might want to go with a short barrel like 10.5 inch and just put a pistol brace on it

Well if you go with a short barrel you have to use a pistol brace or get a tax stamp lol.
Here is my 10.5 barrel gun with a S.B. tactical stock .or pistol brace .witch makes it legal .but it can't be adjusted .but it is legal to shoot from your shoulder. IMG_20180715_192218.jpg IMG_20180715_192236.jpg

All you need is a barrel and a upper .
Well you need BCG and stuff I don't know it might be cheaper to buy it all together or separately

It seems to be cheaper to buy it all together...as long as I can get everything that I want.

On the lower I bought, I'm changing out just about everything. I only paid $100 for it...brand new but no trail...
but I'm changing the trigger, the trigger guard and the grip.

When I buy the upper, the only thing I want to change is the handguard. ;)

If you are going to carry it in the woods for animal protection
Maybe go 300 BLACK Out. Or 6.8 caliber

It's more for playing with:) I've been a pistol instructor for over 20 years and I always have at least one pistol on me...usually a .45
and/or a .357 snubby.

Of the two you listed,

This one is the way to go:

PSA 16" Mid-Length 5.56 NATO 1:7 Phosphate 13.5" Lightweight M-Lok Upper - With BCG & CH - 5165448217

The handguard that is in that build is my favorite (lightlight Mlok with the QD point on either side raised up)

I have a similar upper with that same handguard but in a SS pencil barrel. Super light and super sweet, but I think a medium weight barrel is a good first AR because it will be less affected by heat while shooting over extended periods.

Besides... it's your first AR you are putting together, not your last. What you learn from running something you have put together will lead you to have thoughts and make decisions that will positively influence future AR's you will put together in the future.

Be careful looking at PSA online deals, you'll inevitably end up with a handful of AR's because "It was such a good deal"

Of the two you listed,

PSA 16" Mid-Length 5.56 NATO 1:7 Phosphate 13.5" Lightweight M-Lok Upper - With BCG & CH - 5165448217

The handguard that is in that build is my favorite (lightlight Mlok with the QD point on either side raised up)

I have a similar upper with that same handguard but in a SS pencil barrel. Super light and super sweet, but I think a medium weight barrel is a good first AR because it will be less affected by heat while shooting over extended periods.

Besides... it's your first AR you are putting together, not your last. What you learn from running something you have put together will lead you to have thoughts and make decisions that will positively influence future AR's you will put together in the future.

Be careful looking at PSA online deals, you'll inevitably end up with a handful of AR's because "It was such a good deal"

Sounds like a GREAT plan! I'm finding that it's rather addictive!:)

Of the two you listed,

Lol tell me about it this is my safe and I'm building three more as we speak HEHEE I'm a ADDICT IMG_20180715_093426.jpg

She said she doesn't care about the hand gaurd . she wants to use the one she has.
But if she gets one with a good gaurd on it she can always sale it pretty easy .if it's decent

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top