JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suspect that a $500 gun will outlast quite a few shooters out there and will be more than adequate for the occasional range trip to shoot a couple of mags.
I would venture a guess that most who buy a 500 round case of ammo have it for quite some time and don't burn it all up in a weekend of shooting.

And then there's that.

Assuming the rifle was correctly assembled and in spec.

That is the problem, they are not. The fact that they run at all let alone half way descent is a testament to the design, not those that do not know any better putting them together.

If the BCG is just a plain Jane mil-spec one, upgrade to a better one and keep it as a spare. Should consider getting a spare BCG just in case anyway IMO.

A NiB BCG and A5 action should make even the POS PSA squirt guns run smooth.

If I was doing my first build with what I have gleaned so far..
I would have went with an assembled upper of choice from insert vendor_________ with a NiB BCG and a Lower Parts Kit. No trigger group and no stock.
Two stage trigger. (Personal choice)
Vltor A5 action with H2 buffer and a Hogue stock.

The NiB BCG, two stage trigger and A5 action are next on the list of changes and upgrades and I'll probably call it a day after that.

Nothing wrong with a "plain Jane mil-spec" BCG, assuming it actually is Milspec like Colt, BCM, etc. I would put money on their carrier key fastneers not being grade 8 per spen and I know their stake job isn't even close.

Forget NiB, Np3 is where it's at if you're going to coat a BCG. Seen plenty of Failsafe BCGs flaking all over the place.

Last Edited:
Yeah I wouldn't want to put something together incorrectly and mess up the whole gun or will it simply not fire if assemble wrong or would things actually break on it if built wrong?

It should be obvious when something is wrong. But it could result in issues extracting, feeding, or with parts working loose. Then there's misfires caused by light primer strikes that could be due to a spring being installed wrong, trigger failing to reset, etc.

The parts list for mine lists grade 8 fasteners.
No visual markings but the staking looks good to my untrained eye compared to others I have seen.
And it is a FA carrier if that matters.
stake.png

With PSA I guess it depends on whether or not you pay premium, freedom, or PTAC...

And if the guys assembling the stuff are sober or drunk... Since the AR is an American thing I think it relies on the people being sober. :rolleyes:

Respectfully ... Point Of View ...

Strongly consider paying the somewhat big bucks and have one of the professional suppliers of complete rifles or a builder of custom AR rifles provide something already built. Communicate with the builder/supplier what you want the rifle to do for you. Purpose. Expected mileage. Accuracy requirements. Let a pro build or supply your AR15 rifle.

It would cost even me hundreds of bucks just to repurchase the many jigs, fixtures, tools, gages and goodies necessary for me to build another AR15. If you want a good one it is a case of not knowing what you do not know what you need to know to build it right. It might be easier, (not cheaper) in the long run to have somebody else provide your needs.

Hundreds of AR15 builds but years ago. Even I would probably just pay the money and have somebody else build me my AR15A2 retro 20" HB RIFLE Left Hand match rifle in 5.56x45. It would cost me $$$ to retool.

Seems anymore you can get a quality complete upper and even a decent complete lower from somewhere else and have a really nice rifle for not a lot of money. My friend got a complete Aero lower and complete Midwest upper for a combined $750 and that rifle shoots awesome.

If you keep your eyes open, Brownells does runs a complete Colt lowers, I've seen them as low as $244 shipped with discount codes. I bought a complete BCM lower from a member here, that is what my PSA upper is on top of, I tossed on a Colt carry handle I picked up for $40, that makes $440 total investment. I'll buy a buy or build a better upper for it and make a cut away out of the PSA like I planned in the first place.

ETA: Colt no longer sells complete lowers.

Last Edited:
Just some advice, AR's are allot like Glocks, and AK's
many people have them, not everyone wants or likes them.

There are 499.00 AR's for sale and in a month maybe less. If it was me, and I was unsure if I would want one?
ids buy a out the door low end one first decide if I liked it after allot of range time just fartin around with it.

The Good news is most people do like them, their light, made to be shot, and are fun.
What most don't like is the plastic, and in a build the money you will put in as these are add-on everything and the sink rifles.
And if you build, right now you will end up putting more in, then a quicky sake will get you in most cases.

But the election in a few weeks could change firearms sales. allot of seats open, and allot that can happen.

Well it looks I could get a better price by building my own but I'm not sure how it will turn out so I think I'll be safer buying a whole ar from a good manufacturer that why I know for sure it's going to work and I'll have a really good rifle but thanks for the freedback

Well it looks I could get a better price by building my own but I'm not sure how it will turn out so I think I'll be safer buying a whole ar from a good manufacturer that why I know for sure it's going to work and I'll have a really good rifle but thanks for the freedback

Read the last paragraph in my post #24, the rest of the lower a monkey can do. Buy a the complete upper and BCG of choice. Done deal.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top