JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude, go cheap. Learn the manual of arms, learn immediate/remedial action, get military style windage/elevation adjustable iron sights; basically, learn the platform. Practice practice practice. When you upgrade to something fancy, it'll be gravy.

Went with getting the Savage MSR 15 read some good reviews on it just going to build off that hope it was a good choice thanks everyone for your input very much appreciated

I know you already got a ton of great feedback, but for what it's worth my first rifle was Colt LE6920. It wasn't long before I got the itch to change things. After doing some research I decided I would do a build. It was still a tad daunting and I didn't want to mess up my Colt. Now that I've I done it a few times, I not only have a much better understanding of how my rifles work, it's become a fun hobby that has branched out into other firearms. I don't think I will ever buy another factory built AR unless it's a collector's peice.

If you keep your eyes open, Brownells does runs a complete Colt lowers, I've seen them as low as $244 shipped with discount codes.

ETA: Colt no longer sells complete lowers.

Missed that boat, it is my understanding Colt's lawyers have advised them to stop selling lowers and they have done so. The ones dealers currently have are climbing in price and will soon be gone for good. And is how fast crap changes.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top