JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was not happy with the service.

Ordered a gun. Took 7days (said 3days) and had to call them to check if approved or not. (never called back customer to tell)

Worst part was it was paid in FULL when order was made.

Even guys were friendly, will not shop there again.

Ordered a gun. Took 7days (said 3days) and had to call them to check if approved or not. (never called back customer to tell)

Who you going to buy from that has as large of inventory and low prices? bubblegum happens, I'm sure they were not going out of there way to slow down you getting your gun. The blame could even go to the distributor or shipping company, but that doesn't really seem to matter to you.

Brightwater Ventures is the best gun store in SW Washington, has the largest inventory and lowest prices.

Don't give up on them so soon. Ordering a gun in is out of their control as far as timelines.
They have an awesome selection, and a really fun atmosphere for gun shoppin'.

I am a gun dealer, and I have actually walked in their shop and scored great deals.

Cocktailer and stmcelroy make good points about distributors, shipping and there could be a hundred reasons for delays. Sorry your experience wasn't satisfactory, hope you'll give them another shot. If you look back on the history of this thread you'll see I'm a happy customer.

Here's a quick plug tho- Last fall a friend of mine told me about a really cool hard to find lever gun and I couldn't get it outta my head. You might think that working in the middle of the Bering Sea might make this a "wait til you get home" item... well I couldn't wait. We have email via satellite on the ship so I sent an inquiry to Nick and less than a week later he'd found one and had it on it's way. I picked it up when I got home(the price was about $100 less than I expected) and the rest is history...

Sorry the purchase was not up to your expectations. I took a look at your paperwork this morning and you should take a look at your receipt... You will notice that there is no phone number to contact you written on it. That makes it difficult to contact you and let you know that your order was in. I will fall on the sword for that and admit that it was our mistake. As far as notification to customers when their background is complete, we usually call people to let them know when we can... But since you were a NON-US Citizen Delay through the FBI it takes quite some time to get those back, and if we are busy in the shop, we can't always drop everything to call you and let you know that you have or have not been cleared.

Thanks for the kind words to the rest of you.

Nick

Brightwater Ventures is by far the best place to buy a gun in this area. Best selection, lowest prices, etc. The only downfall is those awful employees and the even worse owner. All they ever do when I am in there is talk to customers about guns, process in new guns, process paperwork for people buying guns, order guns for customers, blah, blah, blah. It is almost like the only reason they are there is to help customers select the right gun for their needs and then sell them that gun at a low, fair price. I am in there all the time and not once have I gotten a single foot rub or been told how my new ballcap really brings out my eyes. What's that about???

It was not me who purchased firearm there. But I was there whole time when it happened.

Person who helped us said, he will make the order on Monday (make sure) and it would only take 2-3 days. Then it wasn't there till next week. (Paid in full price when order was made) So we were expecting accurate and fast service.

More delay for non us-citizen is not always true. He (we) picked up another firearm same day, and other firearm waited only 2 days.

You clearly do not understand that I cannot call someone to tell them their order is in if I do not have their phone number. If you would like for me to explain to you how the delay process for the FBI NICS system works, (including non-us citizens) then please call me or stop in the shop and I will be more than happy to clear things up for you.

We have a few good places in Portland and I do not want to take away from them(there are some bad ones as well...), but Brightwater makes me want to live in Vancouver. Since we in Portland are naturally superior to Vancouverites, that is an incredible compliment. Again, it is my duty as a native Portlander to hate those north of me. Seriously, thumbs up for Brightwater Ventures. What's the difference between Vancouverites and yogurt? Yogurt is cultured. HAH! Kip.

timeout... so they're open on Saturdays again? the new website looks good, still no mention of the hours on it though. I've purchased my last 5 or 6 guns elsewhere cause I've been under the impression for over a year they're not open weekends.

But since you were a NON-US Citizen

21dfprs.jpg

What's the problem? From my experience, Non-US citizen background time-line is just about same as US citizen. He even carried a firearm home same day he purchased. :s0077:
Seems to me like you are unaware of the issues that can arise when a non-citizen buys a gun. Just because it goes smooth one time does not mean it will another.

What's the problem? From my experience, Non-US citizen background time-line is just about same as US citizen. He even carried a firearm home same day he purchased. :s0077:

As a permanent-resident/Non-US Citizen, I have never had an immediate or same day approval on a firearm purchase. Depending on who is on the other side of the phone, I've had to dig up 90 days of utility bills as added proof that I have live where I say I do as well as the standard forms.

Brightwater Ventures is by far the best place to buy a gun in this area. Best selection, lowest prices, etc. The only downfall is those awful employees and the even worse owner. All they ever do when I am in there is talk to customers about guns, process in new guns, process paperwork for people buying guns, order guns for customers, blah, blah, blah. It is almost like the only reason they are there is to help customers select the right gun for their needs and then sell them that gun at a low, fair price. I am in there all the time and not once have I gotten a single foot rub or been told how my new ballcap really brings out my eyes. What's that about???

Got to agree with the bird dude here, I haven't ever gotten a footrub either (don't wear a ballcap, so can't agree there).

Can't complain about my purchases (made several). Even when I was waiting on delivery of something (Sig Mags in this case) the guys at BW don't control every aspect of their world, just what is physically inside that door. And I think they do a great job considering the traffic in there.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top