JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am sure I am not the only one that read the post by Brightwater Ventures on their facebook page today. Seems like an employee had to be let go for customer service issues. It is very hard to let an employee go, but I applaud their efforts to do right by their customers. I know the shop is having a hard time making it these days in the current climate (as are most small gun shops) so they could really use our support now more than ever. If you are like me, and realize how dangerous it is to turn over all gun sales to large big box stores that could stop selling guns tomorrow and not care, you realize how important small local shops are to our gun rights. So if you can spare the time and the cash try a little harder to support the one good shop we have left in the area this week. Even if it is just for a box of ammo or a cleaning kit.

A bit far for me to drive without having other business in that area, but I bet you could reach a lot of 'couvers by posting a brief video. You probably already have a video along those lines, but it is a good reminder worth repeating to those that line up at Wallmart to save a buck today and don't worry about tomorrow.

I second this 100%. Always been a fan of Brightwater. Purchased 3 handguns there and will continue to do so as long as they're around. Have met the owner and he is a really nice guy and very knowledgeable. Even if all your after is a good cigar after a long day he has quite a selection.

Because you make my Son and I laugh while we learn, I'll go in this week. To their credit, they sold my Dad a pistol he was looking high and low for, at the height of the Sandy Hook hysteria for a fair price.

I personally have struck out every time I've gone there in 2013. I bought 2 Long guns and 4 pistols last year, holsters, handgun safe, a spotting scope and a lot of ammo. Lasers, weaver rails, scope rings, cleaning kits and targets. They have had a lot of at bat time with me and seem to have struck out every time. Compound that with the grumpy guy in there, I just gave up going in there altogether.

I grew up in Wyoming and I'm familiar with guys like the one they let go, he reminds me of some of the Sovereign Citizens you come across on occasion in those parts. I'm glad they finally saw the writing on the wall. I would not have wanted to own a gun shop this last year. I understand how easy it can be to develop blind spots in your business that are obvious to fresh eyes walking in the door.

Guns and ammo were hard to come by this year. No doubt they got their fair share of tire kickers, stupid questions, ammo hoarders, and folks looking to buy what they could not stock on the shelf. Dealing with so many folks that you couldn't do business with for various reasons was frustrating for them, I'm sure.

It's 2014, new year, clean slate.

The only two times I have been there I wasn't treated very well. I walk in with a pocket full of cash and the guy behind the counter acted like I was wasting his time. I'm glad they are trying to clean up their customer service but ill find somewhere else to shop. I did get a chance to check out sw Washington surplus last weekend and they were very friendly great customer service. I'm sure ill end up Spending too much money there.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews