JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have to share this experience I had today..
went in looking for a picatinny rail that magpul makes that bolts on to their MOE handguard. All they had was the magpul illumination mounting kit that has a couple of mounts i didnt want or need. ok, fine. I went on to describe how i have seen the magpul ones sold seperatly. The guy at the counter(good dude from my encounters with him) asks the owner if he knows about it. The owner states so matter of factly(and doesnt look or aknowledge me) that magpul doesnt make them and that another company does.....
ANYWAYS..i went over to wholesale sports and bought what i wanted .. a small 5 slot picatinny style bolt on for the MOE. exactly as I described.
Not my first sub par experience at that shop lately
it hasnt been the same over there since the old man left/sold the shop.

We all have good days and bad days and if you hit anyone's shop on a bad day, you will end up leaving with a less then satisfactory interaction.

There isn't a lot of room to make $'s on a single sale, so you can go just about anywhere in the city and be within $5-$20 of the next guy's price. So it all amounts to personal preference. I've always had good experiences at Brightwater and so has anyone I've sent there. So I'm a repeat customer. But as you show, your mileage will vary.

Last time I was in there was to pick up two mags for a Kahr PM9 that I ordered two days before. Great service and lower price than anyone else. BUT up till those times I've been much less than impressed! I keep giving them a chance though but their inventory is down so less to look at. That seems to happen with shops when they change hands though.

I'll be the first to admit that I used to think that the gun shop owner/worker better know everything about everything gun related. Most of the time that is just not possible, just because we know about a certain product doesn't mean everyone does.

I'm guessing they were busy or just having a hectic day and answered without thinking about it.

While Mike(the old guy) was a nice fellow, he just played stupid when asked about new guns and I think most people were just ok with that.

I'll be the first to admit that I used to think that the gun shop owner/worker better know everything about everything gun related. Most of the time that is just not possible, just because we know about a certain product doesn't mean everyone does.

I'm guessing they were busy or just having a hectic day and answered without thinking about it.

While Mike(the old guy) was a nice fellow, he just played stupid when asked about new guns and I think most people were just ok with that.

its magpul, come on, and there are ar 15 rifles on the shelf... but its not about product knowledge...its a combo of things- service, selection and knowledge.
I went in wanting to support my local shop(ive bought there before) but come on

The selection of gun is really good. I know they spent a ton of money at Shot on guns so things will only get better going forward.

Obviously it's your money and you can spend it wherever you want, but at the same time they are still the largest gun store in Clark County.

Have to share this experience I had today..
went in looking for a picatinny rail that magpul makes that bolts on to their MOE handguard. All they had was the magpul illumination mounting kit that has a couple of mounts i didnt want or need. ok, fine. I went on to describe how i have seen the magpul ones sold seperatly. The guy at the counter(good dude from my encounters with him) asks the owner if he knows about it. The owner states so matter of factly(and doesnt look or aknowledge me) that magpul doesnt make them and that another company does.....
ANYWAYS..i went over to wholesale sports and bought what i wanted .. a small 5 slot picatinny style bolt on for the MOE. exactly as I described
Not my first sub par experience at that shop lately
it hasnt been the same over there since the old man left/sold the shop.

Nothing says "improve your customer service" better than going back and saying "look what I found".

Do they bus all the employee's down from Canuk land each morning? Only sell Canadian made products?
No, but they do have a board that has been markedly anti-gun in the past and who even considered doing away with the gun department in one fell swoop instead of slowly. If you want to give your money to a Canadian company go ahead. But when the little dealers dry up and then the chains decide guns are too big a liability don't bubblegum when you have no local options. And don't bubblegum later if gun sales over the internet disappear and you have no local shops.

We all have good days and bad days and if you hit anyone's shop on a bad day, you will end up leaving with a less then satisfactory interaction.

There isn't a lot of room to make $'s on a single sale, so you can go just about anywhere in the city and be within $5-$20 of the next guy's price.

Well the first line means nothing when you are in retail.You always need to have good days if you want to keep customers.....because of the second line.
Unless you lost a loved one,your problems are not mine and should leave them at home,not bring them to your store.But hey if you are making a good living and don't care,there is other places to shop.

And like you said,YMMV

No, but they do have a board that has been markedly anti-gun in the past and who even considered doing away with the gun department in one fell swoop instead of slowly. If you want to give your money to a Canadian company go ahead. But when the little dealers dry up and then the chains decide guns are too big a liability don't bubblegum when you have no local options. And don't bubblegum later if gun sales over the internet disappear and you have no local shops.

So everything in your house is USA made? Everything in your house bought from a USA owned company,not a foreign owned conglomerate?

I doubt that very much.

IF that canadian board has any brains at all,they won't do away with the biggest moneymaker in the store.well,the shoe dept gives them a run for their money believe it or not....but local people earn paychecks there,so let's buy local when we can,eh?
as far as prices,BiMart beats them everyday on most things,and heck so does LL guns near battle ground.

Back to the topic tho,not every retail experience will be what we want it to be,and that is from both sides of the counter. anyonoe who has never worked retail needs to for the experience.It aint a great experience a lot of times.

I've never had a bad experience at Brightwater, and I've been shopping there for around 6 years. Mike was great, and the new staff is great too.

You can't expect a shop owner to know about every accessory in existence... there are thousands of parts out there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top