JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stopped in yesterday. Maybe I caught them at just the right time, because they had quite a bit of stock at that point (1pm) in the day. Including the recently difficult to find (for me anyway) XD and XDM models in different calibers. Bought an XD9SC, don't know if I got a deal or not, but in this climate of not finding anything, I'm not very inclined to care. :s0114: They knew it was my first handgun and as such, I wasn't familiar with the paperwork. It was no problem, they were nice fella's in there, and it was all done and the pistol in my hand in about 15 minutes. It's a bit of a drive, but I wouldn't hesitate to stop in there again if I was in the market for something else.

Aaaaaand....
They haven't raised their prices for the panic. This is why they are always sold out of the scary stuff.
Nick has an awesome business plan to keep customers loyal. Keep the prices the same.

They get ARs and Glocks and stuff in all the time. Best to check back often.

I know they have some Surefire silencers coming in also.

So they were selling P-Mags for $30 and 5.56 ammo for ~$1 per round before the panic?

Untrue. I deal with all of the major wholesalers. Wholesale prices on P-mags spiked in late December. While they are currently allocated, they are the same wholesale price they were pre-panic. Ammo is all allocated and while the wholesale prices are slightly higher (about 10%), retailers no longer need to spend 20-payroll hours per week looking for it. It's either in stock or it isn't, and the odds and ends boxes that retailers were picking up from various obscure sources are long gone. In addition, I noticed increased pricing on the few handguns they have in stock. It's certainly not as dramatic as the increases at other stores (I check weekly) but he's certainly pricing "at market" rather than based on acquisition cost. So believe what you like about "awesome business plans" and all that nonsense. If we want to maintain that fantasy, I have this bridge in New York I'm looking to sell...

Untrue. I deal with all of the major wholesalers. Wholesale prices on P-mags spiked in late December. While they are currently allocated, they are the same wholesale price they were pre-panic. Ammo is all allocated and while the wholesale prices are slightly higher (about 10%), retailers no longer need to spend 20-payroll hours per week looking for it. It's either in stock or it isn't, and the odds and ends boxes that retailers were picking up from various obscure sources are long gone. In addition, I noticed increased pricing on the few handguns they have in stock. It's certainly not as dramatic as the increases at other stores (I check weekly) but he's certainly pricing "at market" rather than based on acquisition cost. So believe what you like about "awesome business plans" and all that nonsense. If we want to maintain that fantasy, I have this bridge in New York I'm looking to sell...

Who do you work for?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

nick and the other younger fellow who work there are great. the older guy with the red hair needs to either work on his people skills or GTFO. i'll still drop on by whenever i can since they're located within a couple miles of my residence, and their prices are damn great.
I know this quote is a bit old but I just have to vent on this topic. I have been going into this shop for the past year ( at least 3 to 4 times a month) and the customer service has been worse every time I step foot in the door. It was always hit or miss before but every once in a while you would catch them on a good day. I have purchased several things from them in the past. Mags, ammo and accessories. I recently ordered a stripped lower from Spikes Tactical and went to verify that it was not an inconvenience for them to handle the transfer. They were listed on Spikes site as a dealer and I told them I would like to order a lower through them (giving them the chance to make any kind of mark up that they would normally make). I spoke to the red haired gentleman. He asked why don't you just order it yourself. It was very clear that I was a waste of his time but I figured that maybe he was having a bad day. I agreed to and was told that Spikes had their info. I went home that night and while ordering realized that Spikes had their old address. I corrected the info with the current address listed on Brightwaters site. I received an e mail from spikes the next day stating that Brightwaters FFL info had expired and they needed to fax over current info. No big deal... I went by and gave them a copy of my invoice and the e mail that I received from Spikes. I was greeted with the same attitude as my last visit and was told that I gave them the wrong info. I told him that I corrected the info at the time of the order but was argued with for several minutes over this in witch I kept repeating that I corrected the address. He was very short and sighed under his breath and took the invoice to submit to Spikes. He was however very fast to submit it as I had the e mail from spikes that my order was now being processed just minutes later. I am now waiting for the lower to arrive but don't really see myself doing business with them in the future. I'm sure they have lots of people waste their time but I was clearly not one of them. They always have fair prices but cost is not the only thing that I look for in a gun shop, or any store for that matter. Too many guys behind the counter with the attitude that they are Gods gift to guns and you are just not worth their time. Anyway that's the end of my rant... Sorry guys!

Evilz, you are correct. the Red headed guy is a pain in the ***! He drives more business away than he brings in, I won't even talk to him anymore, The owner should fire his ***! that shop would be better for it! I would like to give them more business, but not when 'red' is working! ...lately they have been bringing in more firearms(finally) and it's good to see. Overall, things need to improve there. the owner must get complaints on that guy? he's rude ...daily! rant over, not sorry

I guess if you buy a gun, the experience is good. However, I was shopping for a holster and some other things. Stopped in here to see what they had. I was the only one there, took a few minutes to even get a Hi out of anyone. I asked if they had holsters and was told no, not really. Wasn't much on the shelves but that was expected. However, getting ignored when I wanted to spend money is a bit rude, with no offer to order or to even see what they could order. Walked right back out. Unfortunately, I won't go back after this bad experience. I had money burning a hole in my pocket, Christmas bonus and all. Wife was even looking at some AR-15's at the gun shows....probably could have made a sale on one if they weren't so busy watching the TV on the wall.

Granted, I wasn't there to spend big bucks but customer service could use a bit of polish there.

I bought a new .45 just before the new year. I did not get the salesman's name but I believe he was a smaller blond guy.

Anyway, I was not sure what I wanted and he happily put up with me handling several 45's and some other guns before making my choice. I never felt rushed or pressured, it was probably my best 'shopping' experience at a gun store ever. Normally I enter with specific make/model/price criteria so this 'shopping' thing new for me.

I've seen them busy but my last trip was a pretty good experience. (Or I'm meeting RK600's criteria as a gun shopper so I got service... Who knows!)

So Red has been let go! ...I see their profits going up! I'll give them another chance to keep my business!

Who said he was gone?

I was in there the other day and there was one employee only in there. Guy was a real tool. Did not even pay attention the color of his hair either so maybe there is more than one. Asked a question and the guy acted like he did not even care about what I asked him. Place has just went down hill if you ask me.

Who said he was gone?

I was in there the other day and there was one employee only in there. Guy was a real tool. Did not even pay attention the color of his hair either so maybe there is more than one. Asked a question and the guy acted like he did not even care about what I asked him. Place has just went down hill if you ask me.

It was posted on their Facebook page today by the owner.....

I gotta say..... first time I I found the little hole in the wall gun shop I loved it. That was in 2004. I'd go in and bs with Mike all the time. I bought A lot of guns from him. I miss the old owner and his shop....

Now ......new owner takes over and it ain't the same anymore. Kinda ticked me off a little when I went in and was gonna have them order me a new single shot shotgun..... guy told me, can't get any guns right now..... he never even asked me what I was looking for. Lucky for me, Bob's had the gun for me within a few days.

Even since, every time I walk in, its almost like I'm walking on egg shells. I have not held a gun in that store in a few years now.

does the face-down price tag thing bother anyone but me?: as a 30 year retailer,I think it's real stoopid. or maybe that has changed? been a while since I felt like going in there.

Not sure what you're talking about. Was in there weekly for 6-8 years and about once a month the last year and a half including today and have never seen a tag upside town on purpose.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top