JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that is a place I HAVE been thrown out of...twice. Once for pointing out he was charging 20% OVER MSRP for a Colt 1911 and once for telling him he was full of it when he was telling me how a certain company allows him to choose his own billets and hand makes a special product for him. I know the company's chief rep and they have no idea who he even is.

Yep!
Have a friend who refers to him as the "Blidget"..

aka: 5 quarts of BS in a 2 quart. jar..

Doing buisness with Brightwater has always been positive for me.
New guns, used guns, special orders, etc...
Both Mike (old owner) and Nick (new owner) have been great. They take the time to talk without trying to just make a sale. They are my 'go to' for Vancouver gun shops.

If you really think you're not getting service, go to one of the big box stores. They could care less, assuming the 'clerk' behind the counter even has the foggiest notion of what he's selling. And, you can forget about special orders.

If the OP wants to put the whole concept of rude into perspective, he should visit The Gun Room!

I think we forget that good customer service also requires that we be a good customer.

If the OP wants to put the whole concept of rude into perspective, he should visit The Gun Room!

They're worse?

He's already been sold defective equipment, refused service, kicked out, and told not to return.

If what you're saying is true, and the gun room is really worse, then they'd have to be doing something like electrifying the front door or urinating on people who try to enter. Maybe they infect their products with smallpox.

It seems as though you only have the choice between a crappy shop and a sh!tty shop.

Sounds like these guys don't want your business if you are new to guns. People talk down the gun room about warren's gun snobbery and craziness, but have the audacity to crucify the original poster; even after seeing how the original poster has been treated on open forum? I will never buy anything from this gun shop and I will tell everyone I know about the way this bloke runs business: the same way warren does.

While i have had no experience at either of the shops being discussed, i have had somewhat negative experiences in the last 2 gun shops i've been to.

Troy at Renegade in Shelton, WA basically said i had my head up my *** because i was surprised that sales were poor in the summer. I personally shoot more in the summer, and have bought the majority of my firearms in the summer etc.

there were many other negative points to that visit, but none worth mentioning. Another shop was just "short" with answers to questions and whatnot. They seemed to be in a clique with each other (employees, friends and family i assume) and like i was interrupting their personal time with my intrusion on a possible search for a Ruger LCP.

Maybe i will do what i'd rather not and go to a large warehouse type store where (although not necessarily knowledgeable) the employees are pleasant and helpful. I do my own research anyway.

This has also inspired me to possibly open my own gun shop as competition, but i'm no where near qualified for the gunsmithing. Sales, however, i would love.

Sorry to threadjack for a moment but rudness at gun stores seems to be a common trend!

The next person that posts inappropriate content will get a time out.

Keep it clean.

What did I say wrong?Were the references too strong?

Sorry but sometime,just like Shelton shooter said,these guys do form their little clicks and if you ain't in it and ask a newbie question you are treated like a moron.

So the clean version is I think the owner of the shop was very unprofessional in starting an argument on an open forum with a mad customer.
I would never shop at his store.And if he can afford to be rude and unprofessional on line,he must have plenty of customers anyway.

Sorry for my inappropriate post.

Your post wasn't inappropriate. I've been told that the content was. Let's stop beating a dead horse. If you look at this business's yelp, you can see that only the old owner has good reviews.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top