JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

Why don't these black supremacy groups care about the 93% of blacks killed by other blacks?
Why don't whites care that they are mostly murdered by whites?

Kinda sorta racist to observe one and ignore the other, isn't it?

Last Edited:
Rittenhouse and Arbery cases both demonstrate how poor longguns are for "confrontations". You lose control of the gun easily and then are forced to use it.

RE : Post #223

And/or some people might just think (be thinking)......
That they have a duty and/or a right to disarm you.....
Because with a long gun (expand to a handgun if you like).......
You're an inherently dangerous killer waiting to kill.

Hummm.....
Maybe, a lot of THAT ATTITUDE stems from not having seen "open carry" by citizens on a more regular basis?

OR....

Maybe, it has to do with the RACIAL flames?

Aloha, Mark

Rittenhouse and Arbery cases both demonstrate how poor longguns are for "confrontations". You lose control of the gun easily and then are forced to use it.
And you can't conceal the long gun either. So anyone who is offended by or objects to guns knows you have it and just where it is. In testimony Rittenhouse said he would have preferred a handgun, as the rifle interfered with his administering first aid. but it wasn't legal for him to have a handgun.

This sort of thing is the reason I carried a concealed handgun for SD in the woods. Any guy passing me on a trail could simply act nice and say hello and then when within reach grab the long gun.

RE : Post #223

And/or some people might just think (be thinking)......
That they have a duty and/or a right to disarm you.....
Because with a long gun (expand to a handgun if you like).......
You're an inherently dangerous killer waiting to kill.

Hummm.....
Maybe, a lot of THAT ATTITUDE stems from not having seen "open carry" by citizens on a more regular basis?

OR....

Maybe, it has to do with the RACIAL flames?

Aloha, Mark
Nothing to do with attitudes, just tactics.

RE : Post #226

Hummmm.......I wonder?
Does it cross their minds that maybe.....they'll get shot and end up dead for their efforts?

Hummmm......But then?
I've also heard of cases where the person who was openly carrying a gun had his/her weapon "stolen" as a result.

Awwww......never mind.
I'm spending way too much time thinking about these things.

Good Night.

Aloha, Mark

1) "Be a good witness until you know for certain a crime has been committed and you are in the right, or you have a real chance of being the one going to prison, or getting killed if things break bad."
OR
Avoid getting involved entirely.
2) "Why don't these black supremacy groups care about the 93% of blacks killed by other blacks?"
Because that wouldn't serve their agenda.
3) "Rittenhouse and Arbery cases both demonstrate how poor longguns are for "confrontations". You lose control of the gun easily and then are forced to use it."
Having the right to OC doesn't make it a good idea, and all the arguments against it apply exponentially to long guns.

I'd imagine that a LEFTY (or Anti) could/would/might just say....

"Having the right to OC CARRY doesn't make it a good idea, and all the arguments against it apply exponentially to long guns."

Awwww......Come On Man.
Just call 911. OR, have Private Security or the FREE Govt Provided kind.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
YRittenhouse and Arbery cases both demonstrate how poor longguns are for "confrontations". You lose control of the gun easily and then are forced to use it.
They can be without a sling. A properly slung rifle or shotgun is very difficult to take from someone. Even if you get a hold of it , the sling keeps it from being turned around. Both cases showed efforts to disarm ending poorly.

But here's why the cases actually demonstrate how effective they are: 4 person's shot with 8 rounds total, 3 fatalities. Considering 80% of people shot with a pistol walk away from the scene on their own power, I'd say the long gun is considerably better terminally.

Last Edited:
I came back to change my tune a little.

Last nite i watched some of the body-cam vids and then skimmed through some of the trial vids.
I started here:

I had never really paid attention to this incident or trial. I think I posted a few times about it when it happened, but that's it.
The videos humanized the characters for me.
I'm no longer inclined to refer to them as Bubba's. That's my change in tune.

My initial take hasn't changed since I saw the shooting video 18 months ago.
Arbery obviously travelled from the grass across the road to attack TM.
Arbery punched and wrestled TM for 10 seconds.
It seems highly unlikely the 12g torso wound was from the first shot.

TM did not run at and attack Arbery.
Arbery ran at and attacked TM.

There are at least 4 parties who new that a black male with "short dreds" was filmed trespassing multiple times at a construction site, and confronted once prior to the incident. One of those parties was a cop named Ranch or Range who knew of the prior events, so LE was involved and aware.

The 3 prosecuted individuals saw the guy sprinting down the road. Someone called LE. They followed the guy in their neighborhood and tried to communicate with him. It all happened pretty fast.

Apparently, their mindset was to do something different than only "call the cops to report possible same trespass suspect running down their road."

People are reasonably inclined to protect their neighborhood from crime.
Getting out of a car with a gun to confront a suspected criminal seems unwise, but it does not constitute premeditated intent to kill. It's not murder.

The homicide happened after the suspect attacked one of the people who were trying to engage the suspect.

It's not a crime to follow or attempt to speak to a suspected trespasser, or to have a gun, or to do both simultaneously.

The McMichaels and Bryan were convicted of doing those non-crimes, but the non-crimes were mislabeled as multiple counts of murder.

My opinion - the defense failed to ensure that the jury panel included at least 2 functional human beings.

I predict appeals. I hope for reversals. I can't imagine why a jury of functional humans would convict any of the three accused of murder.

Someone here suggested that I imagine extracting Arbery from the incident and inserting myself and see if that changed my perception.
Thanks! That is so easy.
1 - I'd be telling them over and over to call the cops while I continued to walk or run away from them.
2 - I'd never assault an armed man to attempt to take his gun or punch him in the head.

Arbery had plenty of places to go, plenty of room to run or walk away. Instead, he chose to attack.
If he was tired of running, no prob, just start walking while telling his pursuers to call the cops.

If Arbery had simply kept walking away, do you think TM would have shot him? Be real. Don't imagine stupid stuff. What would have happened if Arbery hadn't attacked TM?

In a society that bases its protections of human rights and freedom on a fair system of justice, when irrational social pressure influences the balance of justice, the protections of rights and freedom are a facade.

They can be without a sling. A properly slung rifle or shotgun is very difficult to take from someone. Even if you get a hold of it , the sling keeps it from being turned around. Both cases showed efforts to disarm ending poorly.
Unless you're trained in weapons retention with a sling, I think it could just as easily be used against you to choke or throw you off balance. Unless you're a peace officer or in the military authorized to use deadly force in a warzone, you shouldn't have anybody within reach out your long gun.

Unless you're trained in weapons retention with a sling, I think it could just as easily be used against you to choke or throw you off balance. Unless you're a peace officer or in the military authorized to use deadly force in a warzone, you shouldn't have anybody within reach out your long gun.
Sometimes things develop outside of your control and if you have a long gun with a sling, it's far easier to keep it vs a pistol. Even if you don't have a sling, two hands on the weapon with much greater leverage is far better than what you'd have with a pistol.

Rittenhouse and the other guy aren't tactical geniuses or ninjas and they were able to keep their long guns despite the efforts of others.

Sometimes things develop outside of your control and if you have a long gun with a sling, it's far easier to keep it vs a pistol. Even if you don't have a sling, two hands on the weapon with much greater leverage is far better than what you'd have with a pistol.

Rittenhouse and the other guy aren't tactical geniuses or ninjas and they were able to keep their long guns despite the efforts of others.
I guess I should have clarified, an open carried long gun could be used against those without training easier than a concealed carry pistol.

It's not a crime to follow or attempt to speak to a suspected trespasser, or to have a gun, or to do both simultaneously.
This isn't what happened, They tried to detain and arrest him. They had him "trapped like a rat". Trespassing isn't a felony stop and does not warrant drawn guns.

while its true with a proper sling its easier to retain a rifle, this doesnt prevent you from being over powered, at some point the gun can be detached from the sling easily. Eg, Rosenbaum was a strong dude and would have pummeled Kyle, had he made contact that sling wouldnt have saved him at that point.

while its true with a proper sling its easier to retain a rifle, this doesnt prevent you from being over powered, at some point the gun can be detached from the sling easily. Eg, Rosenbaum was a strong dude and would have pummeled Kyle, had he made contact that sling wouldnt have saved him at that point.
And you would have lost your pistol way before that.

And you would have lost your pistol way before that.
true, was just referring to the rifle but in full context I agree a proper sling is better for retention than a pistol. I should have read back thru your comments but was quick to reply.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads