JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's a shame both Rittenhouse and this trial went on at the same time. It's a lot harder to sit through the testimony when you know the result and since the jury is getting the case tomorrow, we should know by the end of this week or next, and so I probably won't watch it.

I know the McMichaels don't get the love Rittenhouse got, but there was an interesting citizen arrest statute in play and Arbery was by no means, "just a jogger." This case too was politicized and subjected to false narratives.

Based on the article.....the author is an idiot. These guys are cooked.

47C0EB8F-FC68-46BA-86E7-1807841DBD89.jpeg

Based on the article.....the author is an idiot. These guys are cooked.
I respect Branca's expertise on self defense laws, and he may very well be right the prosecutions closing argument was weak. But I haven't read any evidence Aubury actually committed a crime when they pursued him to arrest him. Doesn't someone have to have witnessed the crime to perform a citizens arrest? I don't know much about that law (that's since been repealed) and think the trial will hinge on that entirely.

I respect Branca's expertise on self defense laws, and he may very well be right the prosecutions closing argument was weak. But I haven't read any evidence Aubury actually committed a crime when they pursued him to arrest him. Doesn't someone have to have witnessed the crime to perform a citizens arrest? I don't know much about that law (that's since been repealed) and think the trial will hinge on that entirely.
Apparently in GA being in the house was felony burglary irrespective of whether he stole anything.

The prosecutor wants to argue that first-hand knowledge is necessary, but from the little I watched regarding jury instructions, there's a lot of case law that says that is not the case and the defense is arguing a totality of the circumstances situation. The crime in that neighborhood had apparently gotten so out of control, people stopped letting their kids play outside. The police would never respond in a timely fashion.

The trial will totally hinge on whether they were doing a lawful citizens arrest because when they arrested him, he grabbed the gun. If the arrest was lawful, that makes Arbery the aggressor.

So was he put for a "jog" in jeans and work boots or what?
No. In fact the judge at one point determined he could not be referred to as a jogger. There's no evidence he was out for a run to get exercise. Nor is there any evidence that one of the McMichaels stood over him and called him "stupid n-word". That's all media narrative designed to poison the jury pool.

Apparently in GA being in the house was felony burglary irrespective of whether he stole anything.

The prosecutor wants to argue that first-hand knowledge is necessary, but from the little I watched regarding jury instructions, there's a lot of case law that says that is not the case and the defense is arguing a totality of the circumstances situation. The crime in that neighborhood had apparently gotten so out of control, people stopped letting their kids play outside. The police would never respond in a timely fashion.

The trial will totally hinge on whether they were doing a lawful citizens arrest because when they arrested him, he grabbed the gun. If the arrest was lawful, that makes Arbery the aggressor.
Did they witness him being in the house when they went after him?

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top