JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-hs507c-v2-acss-pistol-red-dot-sight-acss-reticle

I love the idea of a large reticle to help find the red dot (or upside down V in this case). I'm pretty good at acquiring the red dot, but I wonder if a stressful situation would make it hard to find the dot. I like my highish capacity micro-9s, but I can't find one that this red dot will fit on. I carry the Hellcat RDP, but I'd be up for buying another gun if this sight will fit on it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

If your trying to mount a full-size optic on a Micro or single stack pistol you're more than likely going to need a plate that allows you to mount the RMR footprint to your slide.

As far as standard sized pistols such as Glock you can get a slide milled for a RMR footprint or buy one. You can also get adapter plates if your slide is cut for a different optic.

If your trying to mount a full-size optic on a Micro or single stack pistol you're more than likely going to need a plate that allows you to mount the RMR footprint to your slide.

As far as standard sized pistols such as Glock you can get a slide milled for a RMR footprint or buy one. You can also get adapter plates if your slide is cut for a different optic.
I'll have to do some research. Gun sites are not always very forthcoming about what footprint their red dot connections are.

What pistol and what optic specifically are you trying to mate up?
I'm working backwards from the sight. I'm looking for a micro-9 or at least a sub-compact that will work with this sight. I really like the idea of a circle to direct the eye to the red dot. I'm thinking that in a stressful situation, I may have more difficulty acquiring the red dot than when I'm at the range. Yes, I know... train, train, train. I do that, but I'm not confident that in a real world situation that I'd find the red dot as quickly as I need to.

Scott

Well you could always get a plate that mounts the RMR footprint of the 507C to the micro 9. I've seen this on Sig P365s.

Or you could go with a full-size Holosun EPS and it will mount directly to the slide of a P365. There is some overhang on the side of the slide but it sits lower. The downside of the plate is the optic sits up so high and is a bit unnatural. Atleast to me.

I do agree that a full size RDS is better than the micro ones. Especially if the only downfall is cosmetics.

Good luck on your search!

IMG_3176.jpeg IMG_3178.jpeg IMG_3177.jpeg

I would suggest you use a multi- reticle EPS or EPS carry. Not only does mounting a full size RMR footprint optic on a Micro 9 look stupid, it's uncomfortable, and difficult to get a secure mount.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews