JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

While the rifle is still in development and details are scarce, but the AK-19's upgrades over the AK-12 reportedly include a redesigned polymer stock, a multi-slotted flash suppressor rather than the muzzle break, and new proprietary polymer magazines,according to Jane's.

The new muzzle device consists of a multi-slotted birdcage type flash suppressor rather than the muzzle break fitted on the AK-12.

Arrrgh!

:mad: :s0054: :s0127:

It is easier since most of our NATO allies and United States have billions of rounds of 5.56x45 rounds when they invade the west.

.;)

Homophones strike once again! We speak the most incoherent language on earth.

Another pet peeve: "It needs cleaned" What? Either it 1) It needs cleanING or 2) It needs TO BE cleaned, if that is what is meant.

Yours for accuracy both at the range and in speech...

p.s. please excuse any typos.

We speak the most incoherent language on earth.

At least, we got rid of gender in nouns. Look at the bright side.

As someone who wastes far too much time watching Chinese and Korean shows, I am continually amazed at how much the English language has penetrated those societies. It seems English is the "lingua Franca" these days. Half the reason they come over here for college is to pick up English (now that schools like Harvard have trashed their standards to get diversity, it's certainly not being done for the excellence).

Not technically a crime against grammar, but it grates me when something that's counted and the count is reduced is referred to as less. Fewer. Fewer exists for just this reason.

And...................
Som of us ar not engrish spekers as ar firs langawidge!

Some us us had trouble in school having to deal with learning the 'Murican Way while also dealing with two other languages bouncing around in our heads, so, for all yous spellin nazis, kiss my sweaty arse!

And some of us have a mix of OCD/Asperger's/etc. - so in some things, like the spelling/meaning of words, it grates on us when we see them misused.

For some people - using the word "clip" when talking about a mag is a pet peeve.

Soon you will be able to write in cursive and people will think it is a secret code.

Sadly, we're already there. I worked with a younger guy that had NEVER been taught cursive writing and could barely write his own name. But you hand him a smartphone and he was a texting mofo!

To be fair to him, though, he may have been home schooled by his MD father and actually learned "Prescription Cursive" which is supposed to be unintelligible! :s0114:

Sadly, we're already there. I worked with a younger guy that had NEVER been taught cursive writing and could barely write his own name. But you hand him a smartphone and he was a texting mofo!

To be fair to him, though, he may have been home schooled by his MD father and actually learned "Prescription Cursive" which is supposed to be unintelligible! :s0114:
Yeah, both ex and I made sure our kids can read & write cursive. They talk about many of their classmates being unable to do so.

And...................
Som of us ar not engrish spekers as ar firs langawidge!
I think you've mentioned before, your native tongue is Russian?

That is what got to me. Probably an intern, but why didn't the editor or proofreader catch it?

That is my complaint; it propagates from the internet into the media and then it becomes common usage and nobody knows any better. Pretty soon English is so malformed that nobody can understand it.

There is the problem, people don't proofread, they spellcheck, or let the computer/app do it for them. The word in the ad was spelled correctly, but it was the wrong context. A proofreader would (should) have caught it but a spellchecker never will.

Yeah, both ex and I made sure our kids can read & write cursive. They talk about many of their classmates being unable to do so.

I think I heard it mentioned on the radio several years ago that schools no longer teach cursive writing. That's just dumb to me.

Nice to know some people still teach it as a useful skill. :s0090:

I think I heard it mentioned on the radio several years ago that schools no longer teach cursive writing. That's just dumb to me.

Nice to know some people still teach it as a useful skill. :s0090:
Must be recent. I'm nearly 30 and when I was in school, assignments weren't accepted unless in cursive. Name, date, everything. Well, until high school. Nobody cared in high school, which is odd because that school district put such a heavy emphasis on it for the previous 7 years

So, legit question, What Purpose does Learning to write CURSVE actually serve? Why the hell should I be forced to write CURSIVE when ALL books and Print is written in "PRINT" All Gauges in ships, automobiles, and Aircraft are printed in "Print" All labels, warnings, instructions, and thousands of other things are in PRINT, and Not Cursive!

Why should the schools FORCE writing in Cursive?
I got enough problems reading and writing in Cyrillic to then be forced to WRITE it in Cursive! :confused:

What gets to me about this poor spelling, misuse of words and saying what you damn well please is that it 1) demonstrates a lack of a proper education, 2) it seems no one proofreads anymore or exercises control regarding content release, and 3) it has already infiltrated the popular media where the lack of discipline, proofreading and editorial authority lets them think they can say any damn thing they want without accountability.

So, legit question, What Purpose does Learning to write CURSVE actually serve? Why the hell should I be forced to write CURSIVE when ALL books and Print is written in "PRINT" All Gauges in ships, automobiles, and Aircraft are printed in "Print" All labels, warnings, instructions, and thousands of other things are in PRINT, and Not Cursive!

I got enough problems reading and writing in Cyrillic to then be forced to WRITE it in Cursive! :confused:
You didn't learn Cryllic cursive? 236px-Russian_Cyrillic_handwriting_Flerov_1916.png

Edit. Historicial documents such as the Constitution and the Federalist Papers are in cursive :rolleyes:

I would say tradition. The generations before me all learned and used it regularly, therefore it must be important for every other generation as well. I think it's a valuable thing to be able to read if needed but it only seems to apply to "boomers" and older so in the next 30 or so years, I'd imagine it'll die altogether, save for historical curiosity

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top