JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
_nc_ohc=a9kp9g-wG04AX_wESsD&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

As a long-time reloader and bullet caster, the one that really gets me is the mistaken forms of the word swage. More often than not, people spell is swag (swagged, swagger, swagging) in reference to making bullets. Heck, even the spell-checker as I type right now has swage underlined in red, with swag as the suggested correction. I can see how it gets spelled so wrong most of the time.

Swage - Swaging is a forging process in which the dimensions of an item are altered using dies into which the item is forced.

"Swag" is something altogether different. Please don't use "swag" when you mean "swage". "Clip" to mean "magazine" doesn't bother me near so much. While technically incorrect, it at least has some historical support. Ignorant misspelling like swag and break are really annoying. :D

Last Edited:
As a long-time reloader and bullet caster, the one that really gets me is the mistaken forms of the word swage. More often than not, people spell is swag (swagged, swagger, swagging) in reference to making bullets. Heck, even the spell-checker as I type right now has swage underlined in red, with swag as the suggested correction. I can see how it gets spelled so wrong most of the time.

Swage - Swaging is a forging process in which the dimensions of an item are altered using dies into which the item is forced.

"Swag" is something altogether different. Please don't use "swag" when you mean "swage". "Clip" to mean "magazine" doesn't bother me near so much. While technically incorrect, it at least has some historical support. Ignorant misspelling like swag and break are really annoying. :D

I used to work for SchemaLogic (now defunct - IP bought by SmartLogic). The software we created was a repository of metadata for metadata (ontology, taxonomy, terminology, etc) - since metadata is data about data, this was data about data about data. A repository could be setup with "terms" to differentiate the usage of the words - e.g., is "blue" a color, "blues" as in blues music, or a type of clothing (bluejeans)?

Anyway, my last project for them before they were sold was to integrate a spell-check engine (Wintertree) into the software such that it used not just the built-in dictionary for spell checking, but the metadata repository for spell checking too.

That was fun.

One can also shoot bullets that are swedged jackets over a lead core. Some of the alternate meanings for the word " swedge" are quite puzzling...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top