JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would say tradition. The generations before me all learned and used it regularly, therefore it must be important for every other generation as well. I think it's a valuable thing to be able to read if needed but it only seems to apply to "boomers" and older so in the next 30 or so years, I'd imagine it'll die altogether, save for historical curiosity
I'm not looking forward to the era where no living human can fully understand or write documents such as the Founding papers and the Constitution, because at that point in time, one may ascribe vastly different meanings and interpretations of the Constitution (such as is already being done by old lawyers in black robes:mad: ) and not be questioned :s0092::s0001::confused:

If you need a brake you should quit shooting the gun you have. No reason for them other than to annoy everyone around you, make your barrel longer and make you think you can handle something clearly you cant.

If you need a brake you should quit shooting the gun you have. No reason for them other than to annoy everyone around you, make your barrel longer and make you think you can handle something clearly you cant.
Ya ever shoot a .50bmg rifle without a brake? Or a large caliber rifle with shorter than optimal barrel lengths? Sometimes the muzzle device helps with flash and redirects noise or gases.

Ya ever shoot a .50bmg rifle without a brake? Or a large caliber rifle with shorter than optimal barrel lengths? Sometimes the muzzle device helps with flash and redirects noise or gases.
once you start to get bigger caliber the guns get heavy, thus reduces the need. Sure shooting a light 50BMG you will need one. But they are mostly not a light gun, I shoot a .33 Nosler that will rattle your teeth. Still rather shoot without brake. Heck my .28 Nosler that only weights 6 lbs will make most think twice. I am not saying they don't have a purpose like you say above or shooting at a range. I am only a hunter and that is where my standpoint come from. I have plenty of guns with flash hiders. Never seen or been around a brake that did anything but make a gun unbearably noisy.

However I would rather be known as a guy who needs brake on a .30 cal and above than anyone who shoots a 6.5...................................... Just having a little fun

You could be the best typist in the world and Siri/SpellCheck/AI check will predictively change your wording "on your behalf." If your editor sucks, or you don't have an editor, it can also slip through as you're typing. It's not ALWAYS the fault of the person...though most of the time it is.

Cursive, as written, and particularly when written well, is an artform. When cards and letters are written in cursive, it's also a gift.
The advantage of cursive is it encompasses the personality, and to an extent, the body language of the person writing it.

I have an interesting "compensator" on my JC Higgins 12ga bird gun... it doesn't reduce recoil one bit, but does keep the barrel relatively stable and is where the choke is placed with a gap away from the actual muzzle :rolleyes: my hearing brother says it sounds quite different from all the other 12ga shotguns at the trap shooting events in Independence

I have an interesting "compensator" on my JC Higgins 12ga bird gun... it doesn't reduce recoil one bit, but does keep the barrel relatively stable and is where the choke is placed with a gap away from the actual muzzle :rolleyes: my hearing brother says it sounds quite different from all the other 12ga shotguns at the trap shooting events in Independence

I used to live at the airpark and we could hear the shotguns occasionally at that range.

I shoot a .300 WSM. After shooting it a number of times I put a Witt Machine muzzle brake on it. It is much more enjoyable now.

Shooting that rifle without a muzzle brake makes me..... cursive. ;)

.444 Marlin. I do not take it to the range with 100 rounds. It's either muzzle brake or wrist break.

IMG_2460.JPG

I once took a shooting break...
To ease my heartache....

My rifle that I looked to take...
Ended up in the lake.

To my surprise , who did I see ,
returning my rifle to me...?

A snake , named Jake ,
Who , took no break ,
while giving me back my rifle without a brake.....:D
Andy

Cursive, as written, and particularly when written well, is an artform. When cards and letters are written in cursive, it's also a gift.
The advantage of cursive is it encompasses the personality, and to an extent, the body language of the person writing it.
When I write cursive it shows I should have been a doctor.

While the proper employment of the written English language will remain vitally important in the years to come, the practical reality is that written English is a dynamic language that will certain morph over time.

That is why original intent is sossss important, 'cause proper words matters. ;)

There are many great You Tube short informational videos that have fun with the English spoken and written language starting about 1000 years ago with old English and then going into the future. Fun to watch.

I think there are also some older BBC type videos having about 50 actors with various world English accents taking at some upper class cocktail party. So many English accents. Very funny. Yep ... it's all English.

Sosss .... then you beamed up against your will or knowledge and placed into cold hibernation for 400 years, do not expect to understand any of the spoken future English aboard the star ship Enterprise E. Won't happen.

Nice. Knew a guy that had a Wichita silhouette pistol in .308 (no brake). That one was pretty fun except the grip didn't fit my hand and felt like I was going to dislocate my thumb on every shot. If it were mine I'd have reshaped or re-stocked it to a better fit and it would have been fine.

I like large handguns. Used to have this 460XVR.
lJoIpnOl.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads