JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Glock 21 Gen 4 today. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. I got it at Sportsmen Warehouse in Silverdale WA. They've always been extremely helpful and patient with me when I've gone there to do research and window shop. Now I plan on doing some holster research and buy some dummy rounds to practice with. Any advice is appreciated :) 20140524_160810.jpg

Congrats, looks good! I like Sportsman's as well, when I lived in Boise it was my favorite store, and I'm frequently seen at the 82nd Ave S.W. in Portland checking to make sure that they don't have any .22LR.

Is this your first pistol, or first firearm?

Get a good carry belt!
Check out crossbreed holsters, they make some cheaper ones that to be honest i think are just as good.
And congrats, soon enough you'll be posting "i just bought my 2nd pistol"
Then 3rd, then 4th.

I'm very happy with SHTF Gear, I own three of them for different pistols. I carry one all day, every day. Lifetime warranty, best part, around $50 on Amazon!
Oh yeah, the're comfortable, I've worn mine with no undershirt many times!
BTW, congratulations on your new peice! Great feeling isn't it? It's a hybrid!

Last Edited:
Glocks suck. I hate mine. :D

Nice piece. I recommend a hybrid IWB like a Crossbreed, Alien Gear or the like.

Bladetech makes very nice belts and the price is decent. Be sure to get one at least 2" longer than you usually get if you're going to carry IWB.

Ignore the Glock haters. You'd think they'd let you be since it's your first pistol, but nooooo. :rolleyes:

Since you already have a shotgun I assume you'll be storing this safely in the same gun safe. My advice if this was your first ever firearm would be to buy a BIG gun cabinet or safe, because it won't be your last.

I bought a small safe that would hold 2-3 handguns and sufficient ammo, but it wasn't big enough!

My first pistol was a glock 17. I've sold it twice but ended up buying another one. The little things that bugged me about it (sights, rifled barrel, trigger, weight) I decided to just fix up the way I wanted it. Now it's a tack driver and I'll never sell it.

Probably. :)

No need for the dummy rounds unless you were planning on ball and dummy drills.

Dry fire in a room you don't ever allow ammo into, always check the gun every time you pick it up.

Live fire at the range with a plan or the best option is to take a good class to learn what you should be practicing.

Thanks everyone for the input! I'll look into those holsters you all mentioned. Sounds like I have a good starting point for research. I have a few friends that aren't fans of Glock. As long as I feel comfortable shooting it is all that matters ;)

The G21 is going to be the gun that turns my 1911 Buddy to the "Dark Side". So far it eats what his 1911 won't.
Theis Holsters are great and affordable. I cannot wear any type of leather IWB without rusting the gun so all Kydex for me. X-concealment has a very well made Kydex IWB holster. Get a good gun belt. This is the foundation to carry from and if you want success always start with a solid foundation. For me it is a re-inforced Galco instructor belt. The G21 is a beast and can be carried IWB if you wear pants 1 to 2 sizes bigger, have a good gun belt and wear a shirt loosely. Yes the G21 will print if someone knows what to look for but the average Joe won't know.
Good luck and may our lives glorify God,
Michael

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews