Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bought my first pistol today :)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by footballplaya98311, May 24, 2014.

1. footballplaya98311

footballplaya98311 Bremerton Member

I bought a Glock 21 Gen 4 today. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. I got it at Sportsmen Warehouse in Silverdale WA. They've always been extremely helpful and patient with me when I've gone there to do research and window shop. Now I plan on doing some holster research and buy some dummy rounds to practice with. Any advice is appreciated :) 20140524_160810.jpg

2. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Congrats, looks good! I like Sportsman's as well, when I lived in Boise it was my favorite store, and I'm frequently seen at the 82nd Ave S.W. in Portland checking to make sure that they don't have any .22LR.

Is this your first pistol, or first firearm?

meowskiz likes this.
  3. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Congrats.

What sort of holster are you looking for? Do you have your WA CPL yet?

4. footballplaya98311

This is my second firearm. I have a Stoeger 2000 12 gauge semi auto. I know i want to carry iwb but have no idea what brand, material, etc. I do have my WA cpl.

5. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Get a good carry belt!
    Check out crossbreed holsters, they make some cheaper ones that to be honest i think are just as good.
    And congrats, soon enough you'll be posting "i just bought my 2nd pistol"
    Then 3rd, then 4th.

footballplaya98311 and orygun like this.
  6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm very happy with SHTF Gear, I own three of them for different pistols. I carry one all day, every day. Lifetime warranty, best part, around $50 on Amazon!
    Oh yeah, the're comfortable, I've worn mine with no undershirt many times!
    BTW, congratulations on your new peice! Great feeling isn't it? It's a hybrid!

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    footballplaya98311 likes this.
  7. cmica

cmica puy Active Member

a glock meh but whatever suits you

8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

^^^^What a Richard!

9. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Glocks suck. I hate mine. :D

Nice piece. I recommend a hybrid IWB like a Crossbreed, Alien Gear or the like.

10. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Bladetech makes very nice belts and the price is decent. Be sure to get one at least 2" longer than you usually get if you're going to carry IWB.

Ignore the Glock haters. You'd think they'd let you be since it's your first pistol, but nooooo. :rolleyes:

Sgt Nambu and footballplaya98311 like this.
  11. Eugenian

Eugenian United States New Member

Since you already have a shotgun I assume you'll be storing this safely in the same gun safe. My advice if this was your first ever firearm would be to buy a BIG gun cabinet or safe, because it won't be your last.

I bought a small safe that would hold 2-3 handguns and sufficient ammo, but it wasn't big enough!

12. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

I too have an SHTF IWB holster. I like it alot very comfortable. I haven't seen them in person but Alien Gear holsters look to be really similar and are really reasonably priced.

13. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Congrats on your G21!
    I have one and love it, although my husband has now laid claim to it :)

14. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

My first pistol was a glock 17. I've sold it twice but ended up buying another one. The little things that bugged me about it (sights, rifled barrel, trigger, weight) I decided to just fix up the way I wanted it. Now it's a tack driver and I'll never sell it.

Probably. :)

15. cmica

cmica puy Active Member

I'm a big richard;)

16. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Congrats on buying a very reliable handgun.
    I've had G21's and liked them. I now have an H&K .45. Both excellent choices.
    Not sure about an IWB for such a beast though.

17. Lange22250

Lange22250 Milwaukie Active Member

No need for the dummy rounds unless you were planning on ball and dummy drills.

Dry fire in a room you don't ever allow ammo into, always check the gun every time you pick it up.

Live fire at the range with a plan or the best option is to take a good class to learn what you should be practicing.

18. footballplaya98311

Thanks everyone for the input! I'll look into those holsters you all mentioned. Sounds like I have a good starting point for research. I have a few friends that aren't fans of Glock. As long as I feel comfortable shooting it is all that matters ;)

19. WilliamIV

WilliamIV Longview, Washington Active Member

Another good option is Theis holsters. Check them out. Great holsters for a pretty good price.

20. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

The G21 is going to be the gun that turns my 1911 Buddy to the "Dark Side". So far it eats what his 1911 won't.
    Theis Holsters are great and affordable. I cannot wear any type of leather IWB without rusting the gun so all Kydex for me. X-concealment has a very well made Kydex IWB holster. Get a good gun belt. This is the foundation to carry from and if you want success always start with a solid foundation. For me it is a re-inforced Galco instructor belt. The G21 is a beast and can be carried IWB if you wear pants 1 to 2 sizes bigger, have a good gun belt and wear a shirt loosely. Yes the G21 will print if someone knows what to look for but the average Joe won't know.
    Good luck and may our lives glorify God,
    Michael

footballplaya98311 and WilliamIV like this.