JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as rum goes (easy to find, that is) there's Meyer's dark Jamaican and then there's waste-of-money.

Single malt Scotch is wonderful! But there are some excellent blends. I recommend Grant's (18 years).

Personally, i also love sweet liqueur. Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Frangelico, et cetera. I don't (really don't) recommend getting drunk on these. You will suffer...

I am unsure of the spelling. It's a wonderful single-malt Scotch. Famous Grouse was a disappointment to me.

Don't exclude the premium level Irish whiskies! Tulamore Dew is very mild and smooth. Jamison 1834(?) is aged fifteen years if I remember right, and is simply excellent and worth the money...................elsullo :p

Yup elsullo, if you like single-malt scotch, Famous Grouse will not work for you.

It's strickly a blended-scotch lover's choice.

Frog.
How will Democrats stand up to Terrorists, when they can't even face Fox News?

Aaaah, a liqueur.

Now this is where my taste buds cost me some the money!

1. Grande Marnier, in a large ligueur glass, warmed as it floats in the hot tub.

2. Opal Nera Black Sambuca.

3. Drambue & Scotch, commonly known as a Rusty Nail.

:s0155:
Frog
'How will Democrats stand up to Terrorists, when they can't even face Fox News?'

I do enjoy a little distilled sugar cane and I agree that Pyrat, or Morgan's Private stock are some mighty fine cholces. I also like Sailor Jerry and
Red Rum (in the coffin bottle). Unless you're already a Scotch kind of guy, the rum is one you can just enjoy without having to "aquire a taste for it."

Congrats on the end of term, it's a good feeling.

Ed

My wife is really into cocktails and has an enormous liquor collection. While I also like Sailor Jerry's, the finest rum you can get your hand's on routinely is called:

Ron Zacapa Centenario

It should be just under or at $50/bottle. It is a "sipping" rum - aka, drink it like scotch, not as a mixer. It is from Guatemala. We found it there two years ago when traveling there. If you want to try something different, interesting and unique, give this a try. You can get it in the WA state liquor stores; you should be able to get it in OR, too, I would think.

My wife is really into cocktails and has an enormous liquor collection. While I also like Sailor Jerry's, the finest rum you can get your hand's on routinely is called:

Ron Zacapa Centenario

It should be just under or at $50/bottle. It is a "sipping" rum - aka, drink it like scotch, not as a mixer. It is from Guatemala. We found it there two years ago when traveling there. If you want to try something different, interesting and unique, give this a try. You can get it in the WA state liquor stores; you should be able to get it in OR, too, I would think.

I will try to acquire a bottle, that sounds exquisite.

1792 is a PoS wannabe czech absinthe. Get the real stuff, Lucid.

I think "1792" in Rix's post is talking about the Ridgemont Reserve bourbon. It is a dang, dang nice bourbon. It is very high on my list.

We haven't tried the "Absinthium 1792" Czech absinthe, but I would be suspicious of it. I agree Lucid is good. There are actually two great PNW absinthes, actually. Marteau is made in Portland (thought the creator is from Seattle). A new one just hit the stores - like last week - made up here in Woodinville. it is called "Pacifique" and it is also dang good - world class like Marteau or Lucid. Oddly, all of these are new, American-directed efforts - but they are the tops out there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top