JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as rum goes (easy to find, that is) there's Meyer's dark Jamaican and then there's waste-of-money.

Single malt Scotch is wonderful! But there are some excellent blends. I recommend Grant's (18 years).

Personally, i also love sweet liqueur. Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Frangelico, et cetera. I don't (really don't) recommend getting drunk on these. You will suffer...

I am unsure of the spelling. It's a wonderful single-malt Scotch. Famous Grouse was a disappointment to me.

Don't exclude the premium level Irish whiskies! Tulamore Dew is very mild and smooth. Jamison 1834(?) is aged fifteen years if I remember right, and is simply excellent and worth the money...................elsullo :p

Yup elsullo, if you like single-malt scotch, Famous Grouse will not work for you.

It's strickly a blended-scotch lover's choice.

Frog.
How will Democrats stand up to Terrorists, when they can't even face Fox News?

Aaaah, a liqueur.

Now this is where my taste buds cost me some the money!

1. Grande Marnier, in a large ligueur glass, warmed as it floats in the hot tub.

2. Opal Nera Black Sambuca.

3. Drambue & Scotch, commonly known as a Rusty Nail.

:s0155:
Frog
'How will Democrats stand up to Terrorists, when they can't even face Fox News?'

I do enjoy a little distilled sugar cane and I agree that Pyrat, or Morgan's Private stock are some mighty fine cholces. I also like Sailor Jerry and
Red Rum (in the coffin bottle). Unless you're already a Scotch kind of guy, the rum is one you can just enjoy without having to "aquire a taste for it."

Congrats on the end of term, it's a good feeling.

Ed

My wife is really into cocktails and has an enormous liquor collection. While I also like Sailor Jerry's, the finest rum you can get your hand's on routinely is called:

Ron Zacapa Centenario

It should be just under or at $50/bottle. It is a "sipping" rum - aka, drink it like scotch, not as a mixer. It is from Guatemala. We found it there two years ago when traveling there. If you want to try something different, interesting and unique, give this a try. You can get it in the WA state liquor stores; you should be able to get it in OR, too, I would think.

My wife is really into cocktails and has an enormous liquor collection. While I also like Sailor Jerry's, the finest rum you can get your hand's on routinely is called:

Ron Zacapa Centenario

It should be just under or at $50/bottle. It is a "sipping" rum - aka, drink it like scotch, not as a mixer. It is from Guatemala. We found it there two years ago when traveling there. If you want to try something different, interesting and unique, give this a try. You can get it in the WA state liquor stores; you should be able to get it in OR, too, I would think.

I will try to acquire a bottle, that sounds exquisite.

1792 is a PoS wannabe czech absinthe. Get the real stuff, Lucid.

I think "1792" in Rix's post is talking about the Ridgemont Reserve bourbon. It is a dang, dang nice bourbon. It is very high on my list.

We haven't tried the "Absinthium 1792" Czech absinthe, but I would be suspicious of it. I agree Lucid is good. There are actually two great PNW absinthes, actually. Marteau is made in Portland (thought the creator is from Seattle). A new one just hit the stores - like last week - made up here in Woodinville. it is called "Pacifique" and it is also dang good - world class like Marteau or Lucid. Oddly, all of these are new, American-directed efforts - but they are the tops out there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top