JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To celebrate my last final tomarrow Im going to partake in some adult beverage comsumption. I thinking either some good scotch or a very good rum. what suggestions do you guys have. I want to keep it around the $50 range for a bottle.

Scotch: Balvenie 12 Double Wood, Aberlour 12, Macallan 12, Glenlivet 12, Glenmorangie 10 are all decent and within your price range. Read about them online to get a sense of their flavor range. Personally, I'm fond of the Balvenie in that price range.

Rum: Pyrat is great stuff or Flor de Cana would also be a good choice. Cruzan Estate is ok, but not outstanding.

For something a little different, you might also try an Irish whiskey like Red Breast, Clontarf or Knappogue. I'd pick Red Breast of the three.

im also thinking rouge dark hazelnut

I'm not a big fan of the Rogue's line of rums. I think they lack complexity. In general, I think Rogue is distilling some interesting things, but none of them are remarkable in the same way their beers are.

To celebrate my last final tomarrow Im going to partake in some adult beverage comsumption. I thinking either some good scotch or a very good rum. what suggestions do you guys have. I want to keep it around the $50 range for a bottle.

What does the last final tomorrow mean?:huh:

A real Scotch would be a single malt 12yrs old. From a used american whisky charcoal barrel. A blend is the same scotch aged 1-2 years blended with newer stock.

If you like blended whiskey I would suggest Pendelton, A great whisky from the great state of Oregon. A+++

I wouldn't put Jonny Walker in the scotch catagory. However, I've never tried the ridiculously priced blue label though. I would of mentioned Balvanie but the last time I bought it it was $56 a 5th and that was a few years ago.

I don't believe so - I think it's <broken link removed>....

Not that it's not good, just that it's not from Oregon. Edgefield, McCarthy or Rogue would fit the "Made in Oregon" label.

Pendleton is an oak barrel-aged whisky distilled in Canada. Before bottling, Hood River Distillers in Oregon adds glacier-fed spring water from Mt. Hood (Oregon’s highest peak). Pendleton Whisky has an uncommonly smooth taste and a rich, complex flavour

Hmm, I geuss your right. Other than the distilled part looks like the botteling is all in oregon. Like it really matters, it is a canadian blend after all.:s0112:

It means by tomarrow at 2 I will be done with this term.
I do want to explore some of the rums you guys are talking about I might have to venture out of Sweet Home for a liquor store with a little better selection.
What does the last final tomorrow mean?:huh:

A real Scotch would be a single malt 12yrs old. From a used american whisky charcoal barrel. A blend is the same scotch aged 1-2 years blended with newer stock.

If you like blended whiskey I would suggest Pendelton, A great whisky from the great state of Oregon. A+++

Hmm, I geuss your right. Other than the distilled part looks like the botteling is all in oregon. Like it really matters, it is a canadian blend after all.:s0112:

I totally fell for their branding when we visited Oregon a few years ago. I knew that Oregon allowed distilling (which Washington didn't allow at the time) and I wanted something local. So, when I saw "Pendelton", I thought I'd really found something home-grown. About a half-bottle later, I realized it was Canadian... or, I realized something... :s0114:

Hood River Distilling (HRD - which bottles Pendelton) does make a lot of base distillates for other distillers. For example, Rogue uses HRD stuff for their gin. Rogue does re-distill it, but I kind of think that's cheating in a way.

Washington's new distillation law doesn't allow the use of base distillates. So, if something comes from a Washington distillery, it actually came from that place.

I should say that I do actually like Pendelton and wouldn't turn down a glass.

He said under $50.00 a bottle, Doc in UPlace!

I'm with the PhysicsGuy, blended scotch!!

I really like the little known, and rarely sampled, Famous Grouse.

I swear; try it! You will be as surprised and as impressed as I was, some 10 years ago.

If you prefer blended scotch, one on the rocks, with a splash of water, and it will become your Scotch of Choice!!

It about $25.00 a fifth. If you don't like it, I buy the rest of the bottle! :D

Frog.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top