JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think "1792" in Rix's post is talking about the Ridgemont Reserve bourbon. It is a dang, dang nice bourbon. It is very high on my list.

We haven't tried the "Absinthium 1792" Czech absinthe, but I would be suspicious of it. I agree Lucid is good. There are actually two great PNW absinthes, actually. Marteau is made in Portland (thought the creator is from Seattle). A new one just hit the stores - like last week - made up here in Woodinville. it is called "Pacifique" and it is also dang good - world class like Marteau or Lucid. Oddly, all of these are new, American-directed efforts - but they are the tops out there.

Yes, the bourbon.
I know nothing of the other stuff.

Back to the question at hand. . . . .;)

Balvenie Doublewood 12 yr Scotch can be found in Oregon for $49 to $53 / bottle and is about the most complex, yet easy single malt scotch to drink for the occasional scotch drinker.

Recently I was in La Quinta, CA at the BevMo store. . . . $33 / bottle.:s0155:

Can you say - Oregon liquor taxes suck!

Balvenie Doublewood 12 yr Scotch can be found in Oregon for $49 to $53 / bottle and is about the most complex, yet easy single malt scotch to drink for the occasional scotch drinker.

Recently I was in La Quinta, CA at the BevMo store. . . . $33 / bottle.:s0155:

Balvenie is a good solid choice. If you ever have a chance, try some of their RumCask 17.

BevMo is simply fantastic - like a booze heaven.

So I decided to go with rum. Living in a small town we don't have much selection I ended up with Pyrate XO reserve and Cruzun Black Strap. The Pyrate is fairly smooth with decent flavor very enjoyable with a Comacho Triple maduro cigar. I have not had the Cruzun yet but will break it our this weekend. Thank you for all the advice My list of things to try is now multiple pages.

J.P.

So I decided to go with rum. Living in a small town we don't have much selection I ended up with Pyrate XO reserve and Cruzun Black Strap. The Pyrate is fairly smooth with decent flavor very enjoyable with a Comacho Triple maduro cigar. I have not had the Cruzun yet but will break it our this weekend. Thank you for all the advice My list of things to try is now multiple pages.

J.P.

Oh man, let me know if you're looking for something specific, I'll search for it in Portland and bring it when I come down for a shoot. Remember this when it comes about time for another shoot, ya? I'll gladly help you out in that department.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top