JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I'm just not the type to join organizations in general. That said, I'm really tired of the attacks on our rights, so it's about time to get in on the action. I'm actually looking at the lifetime membership deal - I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the lifetime deal for $300 they made available last year. Though I got an email recently from Midway that discounts it to $750. I won't be waiting much longer - next paycheck will probably be it, even if it's just a year at a time for now.
Actually ANY recruiter can offer the $750 lifetime deal as well as the $25 yearly one. We don't get paid anything when we do that but that's OK with me.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

If he believes in God, then he should keep in mind that "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven." There is still time for him to spend all his wealth on programs to help people get out of poverty; job training programs, mental health care, etc. , instead of trying control the "peasants" by disarming them.

Exactly! Sola gratia, sola fide, Mr. Bloomberg.

His "new" group already getting troll'd on Facebook... hilarious. Well done, 2A community. Well done.

What, four million NRA members ? If each member gives an extra $12.50 to the NRA, 4,000,000 x $12.50 = $50,000,000. We can match bloomberg's money with $12.50 from each member.

The next time I get a request from money from the NRA, I'll send them $12.50.

I did my part.
:cool:

I'm just not the type to join organizations in general. That said, I'm really tired of the attacks on our rights, so it's about time to get in on the action.

You ever not have an interest in something, but when you do it seems like everyone else finds the same interest at the same time? Bloombergs new astro-turf announcement is something like that for me.

What part of Oregon are you in? A few months ago I put out an announcement in the forum to see if we could start a Washington county local group to be 2A supporters. We saw a gap were we could be more effective if we focused on just our area; anything from letters to the editor, town halls, getting the word out and helping people get active, etc. There are a lot of different little things that people can do that can add up.

The response was good. Fast forward a few months and we've joined up with a few others around the state. Some of the younger ones with more energy than I even put together a non-profit and a website. In general, the goal is to be effective at the local level (real grass roots activism), and to support other groups in Oregon just like us. Organizations like OFF have the legislature covered pretty well. But local areas? Let's get better organized and really turn some more of those fence straddling politicians back onto 2A ground! Even just a few individuals willing to speak up in a state rep or senator's district can make them think different in the future.

Visit the links below, or send me a message and I'll help you find a place!
https://www.facebook.com/2ndAmendmentActionCenter
http://www.2ndaction.org/

Last Edited:
I love the fact that someone registered for that facebook page. I was just debating with a friend over whether we would sell it to him or not. We could sell it for a few million and then donate the money to gun rights groups, or just not sell it to piss him off and make it so it has no negative effect on our rights.

'I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close'."—Michael Bloomberg

Spoken like a true maniac. I am sure there were Spanish Inquisitors that had the same ascetic dedication to their tasks of burning protestants at the stake, and torturing others into confessions before burning them at the stake as well.

This is not the Blues Brothers on a mission from God, this is the Romans feeding christians to lions or cutting them down with chariots and well armed gladiators.

If there's one thing I took away from my studies of the Judeo/Christian belief system is that piety is the most important attribute of a believer, as hubris blinds you to God's words and works.

'Everytown' project blowing up in Bloomberg's face

Yesterday there was one and today there are scores of Facebook pages dubbed "Everytown for Gun Safety" for several states and even local communities; the work of gun rights activists waging guerilla warfare against billionaire Michael Bloomberg's $50 million launch yesterday of a new gun control lobbying effort with the same name.

<broken link removed>

While non members enjoy their 2A rights they need to realize that the NRA has fought long and hard for your gun rights. If you are a liberal and that is the very reason you will not join, then shame on you and relenquish your right to own a firearm!!!
Get off your high horse and do something about it!!!

I'm no liberal myself, and I've just heard enough from these morons like Bloomberg to get pissed enough to join - just to spite them. I take time to write local, state and federal politicians regarding our 2A rights, but I know more can be done. My membership in the NRA is going in TODAY.

Thank Bloomberg and his anti-gun buddies for adding another NRA member!

I'm no liberal myself, and I've just heard enough from these morons like Bloomberg to get pissed enough to join - just to spite them. I take time to write local, state and federal politicians regarding our 2A rights, but I know more can be done. My membership in the NRA is going in TODAY.

Please don't forget to join and support SAF and CCRKBA. And kick in a buck or two for the I-591 campaign.

Okay, got it, now I know who you're talking about. I'm just more familiar with the activities of the NRA. Thanks for the info.

Just an update - I ended up going with the Life membership. Called in directly rather than going online and got a better deal than I had found before. Glad to know it's finally done and Bloomberg has one more signed up in direct opposition :p

Just an update - I ended up going with the Life membership. Called in directly rather than going online and got a better deal than I had found before. Glad to know it's finally done and Bloomberg has one more signed up in direct opposition :p

You do realize that getting a "better deal" in this case means less support to NRA ? :)

You do realize that getting a "better deal" in this case means less support to NRA ? :)

And you realize that it might mean less support in the short term, but also means I could do something I couldn't do otherwise right now. There will be plenty of opportunities for me and others to give them additional support over the years. I paid less than some have, but more than others have. I don't consider my membership fee to be the last time I give them financial support ;) I know enough members to know that they'll be asking me for additional financial support very regularly for the rest of that lifetime membership.

Don't worry, they will keep calling you to ask for the rest of it. I don't mind, but some people do. They call every couple months for donations. More often at election time.

Less support would have been if he had done nothing at all. The NRA did lose out on something they never had to begin with. His actions can be seen as nothing less than direct support of the 2A. Good on you sir.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top