JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1) MDA and MAIG will be merged to form "Everytown for Gun Safety" (quick, start registering those one-off web site addresses and facebook pages). He's pledged 50-million in the new campaign.
2) Bloomberg is doing all this to ensure he earns a place in heaven. I wonder what all his "followers" think about being used to save his mortality.

I kid you not for #2. You have to read to the last of the article, but there it is. Personally I think both #1 and #2 will, in the long run, be a good thing for 2A supporters.

This only proves that he has more money than brains. I will repost something here that was posted as a response to his latest attempt.

Quote: "First, let me preface my remarks by stating that I am not a 'gun guy'. I do not hunt. I do not target shoot. I do not collect guns. I do not belong to the NRA I am not a registered Republican nor a registered Democrat. I do not live in a 'rough' part of town. I own no guns, nor have I ever needed to have one. The last time I fired a shot in anger was in 1968.

That being said, there are many people today, (myself included), who have a deep, (and a legitimate), distrust of the government.

They believe that it is in the nature of governments to accumulate and to concentrate more and more power over people's lives. More power leads to more control.

It has always been so. As Lord Acton so famously stated, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Meaning that those who are given power over others will use that power.

Even if the government is not specifically intending to do so, it is the nature of large governments that this occurs.

Now, the government may espouse their desire to help the citizenry, but when individuals disagree with what the government determines is in their best interest, then those in power use coercion. Sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle.

This concentration of power and increasing coercion can be gradual (like slowly turning up the heat on a lobster in a pot), or sudden (like dropping him into boiling water).

One need only be a casual student of history to see the process at work again and again and again.

The Second Amendment is *our* guarantee that this loss of individual freedom and increasing control of our lives cannot be done with impunity.

One need only look at what is occurring in Syria today or in Mexico, or any of a dozen other locations around the globe to see examples of what happens when the government controls the people and when the people are defenseless to resist.

Now you may feel that this distrust is not warranted, or that it verges on paranoia. Many might agree with you. However many more, would not.

The Founding Fathers believed fervently that ordinary citizens needed to be protected from an oppressive government. If they had not, then there would not have been a Second Amendment in the first instance.
They were *very* distrustful of the concentration of power into the hands of the few.

They set up safeguards against it by diluting that power into different branches and different levels. They tried to define precisely just who could do what, and what things they could not do. They added further protections in the Bill of Rights.

The Founding Fathers, I am certain, would be aghast at the degree to which the government controls the lives of Americans today. Indeed, they went into rebellion over transgressions less onerous than what we today have allowed to be imposed upon us.

Read the Declaration of Independence. Look at the reasons that are enumerated there. They speak of an oppressive government seeking to impose it's will upon the citizenry.

The Second Amendment was NEVER about what type of arms citizens might own or about what the technological developments of the future might bring. It was not about hunting. It was not about home defense. It was not about target shooting. It was about the ability of citizens to oppose and resist the oppression of a tyrannical government.

There are those Americans that honestly feel that this point of view is not applicable to the 21st century; that such concerns are the things of history. They label those like myself, as 'gun nuts' or as paranoid, even dangerous.

If you are one that believes that this distrust is stuff out of a dusty history book, and has no relevance in the 21st century, then I urge you again to to look around more carefully.

Those of us that support the Second Amendment feel that it's relevance is as valid now as it was when it was first penned" end quote.

He is quoted in the article as saying,

"You've got to work at it piece by piece," he added. "One mom and another mom. You've got to wear them down until they finally say, 'Enough.' "

I suppose when you don't have logic and sound reasoning on your side the appropriate protocol is to beat people over the head with your argument in hopes that they will capitulate.

Oh well, guess I will send a few more dollars to the NRA-ILA and finish paying for my membership upgrade in the NRA.

He was just on the today show spewing skewed statistics and using emotional hot button phrases left and right.

Large screen behind him displaying Sandy Hook images. Vowing to donate 50 million of his own money to influence political campaigns.

Yellow journalism at its finest.

Yellow journalism at its finest.

Well, here's some red hot journalism in response:

Bloomberg thinks new gun control effort will buy his spot in heaven

Billionaire former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has launched a new big money gun control strategy designed to "outmuscle the National Rifle Association," according to yesterday's New York Times, and his first attack appeared in this morning's on-line main page of the Seattle Times…

'I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close'."—Michael Bloomberg

<broken link removed>

'I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close'."—Michael Bloomberg

<broken link removed>

With the way that is worded, he obviously does not believe in God and it doesn't take much guessing where he'll end up.

My guess is he will try to be the new CEO
If he believes in God, then he should keep in mind that "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven." There is still time for him to spend all his wealth on programs to help people get out of poverty; job training programs, mental health care, etc. , instead of trying control the "peasants" by disarming them.

Personally, I think it'll be the kiss of death for the democrats regarding the upcoming elections, especially considering how many more millions across both parties have bought guns recently.
Knock yourself out.

Bloomberg's crusade is purely political. He wishes to fight the machine (The NRA) that calls out the politicians that denounce our Constitutional (Bill Of) Rights. Mostly the democrats' platform and the left. The new tact for the left is to "settle" an issue. To make disputing an issue a despicable, unsociable act.
I'm hardly a fan of the Washington post, but I do read the opinions and editorials of our local left leaning newspaper. The author of this has given me great insight as to how, exactly, the left gets their way. Check it out.

Support your NRA

<broken link removed>

I've never belonged to the NRA, but every time I hear a story like this, it pushes me one step closer. I may just have to join to spite Bloomberg - I'll be sure to send him a note when I join. What an arrogant, overstuffed blowhard. The fact that he thinks he can buy his way into whatever heaven he thinks he's qualified for just goes to show he thinks only of himself and not of others. Taking away the rights of others based on your own self-centered view of morality is hardly justification to let him in to paradise. That guy is cramming 64 ounces of self righteousness into a 16 ounce cup.

The problem I have with this is that we're no longer living in a democracy (or a republic, FWIW), but an oligarchy, thanks to recent SCOTUS rulings. A few years ago, this clown would've been wasting his breath and maybe a few thousand dollars. No he's got a voice and the unlimited ability to use it.

Personally, I think it'll be the kiss of death for the democrats regarding the upcoming elections, especially considering how many more millions across both parties have bought guns recently.
Knock yourself out.

Democrats PLEASE run on gun control and health care issues. Take money from Bloomberg.

I've never belonged to the NRA, but every time I hear a story like this, it pushes me one step closer. I may just have to join to spite Bloomberg - I'll be sure to send him a note when I join.

What are you waiting on? You don't have to agree with everything the NRA does but they do good work.

Use Tom Gresham's discount code and save $10 ( <broken link removed> ) and join for only $25.00

Here is a direct link: http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XR020586

What are you waiting on? You don't have to agree with everything the NRA does but they do good work.

Use Tom Gresham's discount code and save $10 ( <broken link removed> ) and join for only $25.00

Here is a direct link: http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XR020586

I'm just not the type to join organizations in general. That said, I'm really tired of the attacks on our rights, so it's about time to get in on the action. I'm actually looking at the lifetime membership deal - I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the lifetime deal for $300 they made available last year. Though I got an email recently from Midway that discounts it to $750. I won't be waiting much longer - next paycheck will probably be it, even if it's just a year at a time for now.

just saw "everytown for gun safety" t shirts on supporters of the universal gun check tonight on the news.

no chance I'm going to "like" that!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads