JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exclusive: How true 'grassroots' activists bested Bloomberg

When anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg announced 48 hours ago the launch of his $50 million "grassroots" gun control campaign, it took genuine grassroots gun rights activists only a few hours to create a major embarrassment for the ex-mayor's new "Everytown for Gun Safety" (EGS) by grabbing the name, registering it on hundreds of Facebook pages, and creating a tsunami-sized backlash against this new anti-gun effort.

<broken link removed>

Bloomberg may become NRA's not-so-secret weapon

Billionaire Michael Bloomberg and his $50 million "Everytown for Gun Safety" campaign – already being ridiculed by Second Amendment activists as "Everytown for Gun Prohibition" – may actually become the National Rifle Association's new "secret weapon," if one is to believe today's New York Daily News.

<broken link removed>

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

What, four million NRA members ? If each member gives an extra $12.50 to the NRA, 4,000,000 x $12.50 = $50,000,000. We can match bloomberg's money with $12.50 from each member.

The next time I get a request from money from the NRA, I'll send them $12.50.

I did my part.
:cool:

Where do you get only 4,000,000 members? NRA says 5,000,000+ now. People were joining at about 60,000 per day right after Newtown.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I love the fact that someone registered for that facebook page. I was just debating with a friend over whether we would sell it to him or not. We could sell it for a few million and then donate the money to gun rights groups, or just not sell it to piss him off and make it so it has no negative effect on our rights.

Problem is that Bloomies cohorts will copyright the name then Facebook will give the site name to them without compensation to whoever registered it first. ICANN will even do that with websites too.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Problem is that Bloomies cohorts will copyright the name then Facebook will give the site name to them without compensation to whoever registered it first. ICANN will even do that with websites too.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

Even if that happens, the sites will be flooded with 2A advocates that will pepper the site with Pro2A comments. Either way, social media will likely backfire considering the numbers of folks out there against him. There may be 5,000,000+ NRA members, but there are far more that support the 2A, and aren't NRA members - folks that will still fight for their rights. If Bloomberg thinks he only has to beat 5,000,000 NRA members, he's quite mistaken.

Do high-profile departures from 'Everytown' signal bad news for Bloomy?

Do two recent high-profile departures from anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg's "Everytown for Gun Safety," including Wednesday's revelation that Executive Director Mark Glaze – former head of Bloomberg's other venture, Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) – will leave next month, signal that the $50 million gun control venture may be imploding?

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads