JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
chickencomplaint.jpg

People who put their untrained mutt's in the backyard and leave them out there BARKING for 20 minutes on the perfect mornings' like this' to have the windows open. At least this morning it was just the big dog, they also have a booting, yappy, small, high pitched mutt they put out there with the big one. Roughly 5 yappy barks to every 1 big dog barks. GD some people suck.

I know I said earlier in the thread, but, damn, people in my world dying is more than a peeve. Since late 2019 numerous; cancer, COVID, accidents, suicide, illness, and old age. Then, mierda, two more in the last week or so; one was a favorite student of wife who perished in a motorcycle accident on the country road our patch connects to at the age of 25. The other one of my cousins who was, literally, exactly my same age, due to sarcoidosis; I was just informed this afternoon.

Life is short on this little blue marble in the dark. Enjoy every moment. No one knows how many more you have. Love deeply, laugh your butts off, and never give up; that is all I can say my friends. Wishing you and your families all the best.

I know I said earlier in the thread, but, damn, people in my world dying is more than a peeve. Since late 2019 numerous; cancer, COVID, accidents, suicide, illness, and old age. Then, mierda, two more in the last week or so; one was a favorite student of wife who perished in a motorcycle accident on the country road our patch connects to at the age of 25. The other one of my cousins who was, literally, exactly my same age, due to sarcoidosis; I was just informed this afternoon.

Life is short on this little blue marble in the dark. Enjoy every moment. No one knows how many more you have. Love deeply, laugh your butts off, and never give up; that is all I can say my friends. Wishing you and your families all the best

It get's to feeling like you/I might be the miracle person. So many people you know or have known are gone now. Seems it might be the miracle that I'm still here! Makes me think NOW, at 66, of what my parents dealt with. Dad passed at 90 and mom at 92. The didn't have any of their contemporaries left at the end.

It get's to feeling like you/I might be the miracle person. So many people you know or have known are gone now. Seems it might be the miracle that I'm still here! Makes me think NOW, at 66, of what my parents dealt with. Dad passed at 90 and mom at 92. The didn't have any of their contemporaries left at the end.
My dad passed at 77 due to cancer, my mom 7 years later due to stroke or heart attack. My uncles (dad's brothers) are still alive but one is in bad shape, has been for years. None of my grandparents or my parent's generation have made it out of their 80s (AFAIK), so I doubt I will. That means at best I have another 20 years, and if their condition once they got to 80 is any indicator, I probably won't want to continue at that point - maybe making the choice to checkout voluntarily rather than suffer as many of them did (I certainly don't want to be bedridden for years as was my maternal grandfather - basically a veg).

So maybe 13 more years?

My dad passed at 77 due to cancer, my mom 7 years later due to stroke or heart attack. My uncles (dad's brothers) are still alive but one is in bad shape, has been for years. None of my grandparents or my parent's generation have made it out of their 80s (AFAIK), so I doubt I will. That means at best I have another 20 years, and if their condition once they got to 80 is any indicator, I probably won't want to continue at that point - maybe making the choice to checkout voluntarily rather than suffer as many of them did (I certainly don't want to be bedridden for years as was my maternal grandfather - basically a veg).

So maybe 13 more years?
I do my best not to do the math. And hope it's quick and relatively painless. Whenever it is.

I just learned today that a good friend of mine suddenly passed away 3 months ago. We worked together out at Hanford 4 to 5 years ago. He had to leave for an emergency heart valve operation and skedaddled in a day. Some on this here board might remember when I first came on here 4 years ago, I was asking how to get my friend's guns out of WA and shipped back to him at his home in GA without running afoul of possession/transfer laws (that all worked out, BTW).

I got a call out of the blue today from one of my co-workers who I did not know, and we talked about one of my projects in Kenya, as he was going to be doing a project there soon. He had found me by searching the company database for folks that have done/do work there. After we talked about that project, we exchanged a bit of personal history since it became clear that we are both long-time employees, just from opposite sides of the country. When he mentioned that he had done work for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in SE Asia, I asked him if he knows my friend John. Turns out, he was John's supervisor for that DTRA work in Vietnam. We talked on and on about John and how he's such a great guy, and I mentioned that I need to call him cuz he's in Tampa now and I'm taking my son to college at U of Tampa in a month. That's when my co-worker pulls me up short and says, "Um, by the sound of it, you probably don't know, but John died very suddenly about 3 months ago."

Felt like a ton of bricks had just fallen upon me. He was only 58 years old... :(

This is John out at my range back in March of 2017, just 9 months before he even knew he had a bad valve.
That's just one of the many guns I had to get back to him after he left in a hurry in December of that year for his operation.
We kept in touch every couple of months or so (he was really good about calling/FaceTiming his friends regularly), but I never saw John again.
I miss my friend...

john-coffey-RMSF-wa-03-26-2017.JPG

Last Edited:
Okay....what the hell is it with people that join a discussion forum at 11:00am and have almost 50 posts at 4:00 pm? And a lot of those posts are basically confrontational with other members! This behavior is like being invited to a party by someone you don't really know. Maybe a guy at the gun counter the gun counter, where ever. So you walk into the party not knowing anyone. And you start jumping into conversations with strong opinions. I don't get it. I guess that's what people do because of, see if I get this right, The Anonymity of the internet? It's uncomfortable reading this stuff!

Okay....what the hell is it with people that join a discussion forum at 11:00am and have almost 50 posts at 4:00 pm? And a lot those posts are basically confrontational with other members! This behavior is like being invited to a party by someone you don't really know. Maybe a guy at the gun counter the gun counter, where ever. So you walk into the party not knowing anyone. And you start jumping into conversations with strong opinions. I don't get it. I guess that's what people do because of, see if I get this right, The Anonymity of the internet? It's uncomfortable reading this stuff!
Some of these "new" members.... might be former members , who have been banned...and are now back with a new name...but same old attitude.
may
Not sure it that is true in every case...just something to consider.
Andy

Some of these "new" members.... might be former members , who have been banned...and are now back with a new name...but same old attitude.
may
Not sure it that is true in every case...just something to consider.
Andy
I'll take you word for it Andy. Makes no sense to me, but when I go to a party where I don't know anyone I take my time and scope out the surrounding first. "Read The Room". ;)

Okay....what the hell is it with people that join a discussion forum at 11:00am and have almost 50 posts at 4:00 pm? And a lot of those posts are basically confrontational with other members! This behavior is like being invited to a party by someone you don't really know. Maybe a guy at the gun counter the gun counter, where ever. So you walk into the party not knowing anyone. And you start jumping into conversations with strong opinions. I don't get it. I guess that's what people do because of, see if I get this right, The Anonymity of the internet? It's uncomfortable reading this stuff!
What do you expect with a free open to the public online forum that requires nothing more than a email to join? Maybe you need something more exclusive.

I work in a lab. ~ 25000 sq feet.
It was warm today, at one end, so the lab manager turned on a few fans.
The temp on my bench has started rising, from 76F to 81 and climbing.

I am certain it is the eddy currents.

What a PITA.

There is a news story out of MO -
Train Hits Truck.

Really?! The train can't turn, on its path. Truck Stopped in front of train? Truck Crossed to close to Train?
Of course we mean Truck Driver. I doubt the dump truck was run by AI.

It's always the train's fault.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top