JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The kinds of places we go to 99% of the time half the men in there would have ball caps on, maybe some of the women even! We've never been much for the fancy(er) white table clothe places.
It's most likely from how I was raised, no hats at the table, give up your seats to the elderly etc. My dad was old fashioned lol. Also from my military days too, where is regs to take your cover off inside of buildings or on the flightline.

It's most likely from how I was raised, no hats at the table, give up your seats to the elderly etc. My dad was old fashioned lol. Also from my military days too, where is regs to take your cover off inside of buildings or on the flightline.

I'm guilty of this. And I was in the military and never had an issue in removing my cover indoors or when going on the flight line.

The only time I take my ballcap off when eating out is when the food arrives and I say grace. Funny how many weird looks you get doing that these days. :s0153:

Bad-finger? Stink-Finger? :D

2. I leave the microwave door open. It's disgusting when I go to put my morning muffin in, and it reeks of cheese popcorn from the night before. But I do cancel the cook timer.

3. I leave my hat on. It would be a clean go-out-in-public ballcap when we got out to sit-down dinner. We, used to, only go out to bar & Grill type places though.
Badfinger?

Badfinger!

Scrolling through the "news," I stumble onto this. So I click on the 3-paragraph "article," but no picture!!! WTF...
IMG_4707.jpg

Last Edited:
Whoever invented this faulty, leaky so-called "safety spout" should be horsewhipped. My gas splattered socks are in the laundry and my hosed off sneakers are drying in the driveway. This government mandated gimmick is the very pinnacle of dickcheesery.

IMG_8161.jpg

Last Edited:
Whoever invented this faulty, leaky so-called "safety spout" should be horsewhipped. My gas splattered socks are in the laundry and my hosed off sneakers are drying in the driveway. This government mandated gimmick is the very pinnacle of dickcheesery.

View attachment 882265
My wife was somewhat unimpressed when I found an old style spout on the side of the road one time. I was doing my happy dance in the street .

View attachment 882265
I had several of those damn, worthless, POS, should never have been sold, cans. Finally tossed them and just bought some old style metal cans again. This thing "looked" like a cool idea. Sadly I should have only bought one to try.

View attachment 882265

You can still buy the old style nozzle. They are replacement nozzles for cans made before whenever the BS mandates went into effect. The threads are the same and they come with the vent.

I just got these from the Walmart for my generator. I have high expectations for them. The push button works easy enough for the least capable person in my house to use easily enough. Well,, that's the plan anyway.

IMG_20210424_135219.jpg

View attachment 882265
Somebody sells green colored watering cans that look suspiciously like the old style gas cans that used to actually work. You can't put gas in them though, because they are green and don't have the magic phrases embossed on them. :) Couldn't find them quickly today with a web search.

EDIT: I did get one of these a couple of years ago for my bikes.
The cap is a pain in the arse but they are great for filling anything with a shelf or seat near the tank and they do not leak.

View attachment 882265
The thing is, they are unsafe because most of them leak. I only have one; a 1 gallon plastic can for premix for the chainsaw - it doesn't leak. Otherwise I use these:

-9ae2-ab5a97b1b355?quality=60&_mzcb=_1618890579000.jpg
Which are expensive, but worth it IMO.

I have some one that is green (for premix), one that is blue (for kerosene), two yellow for diesel and two red for gasoline. Be forewarned that even though they are all the same can except for color, some gas stations (e.g., Costco) will not put gasoline in the can unless it is red and says gasoline on the side. :rolleyes:

If I posted this before, so sorry.

I hate the street walkers.

Keep your azz on the sidewalks.

Pound your head against the asphault vs. the concrete. Please document the results.

I don't drive on the sidewalk, Please don't walk on the street.

My safety gas can wouldn't work, just dribbled out...

I went to offerup and found an "antique gas can". The old boy who was selling the antiques was happily surprised that I intended to actually use it as a gas can.

20210512_184655.jpg

View attachment 882265
I've got four of these old StanCans that I've had forever. I can't even remember how long I've been luggin' these things around.
They used to have a metal handle on them, but those have all broken the spot welds off years ago. Just palm 'em on the thin side to pour 'em now...
They have a nifty internal spout that's slightly tapered so that when you pull it up, it makes a tolerance-fit seal. And it don't leak none!

Gas can1.JPG

Gas can2.JPG

I've got four of these old StanCans that I've had forever. I can't even remember how long I've been luggin' these things around.
They used to have a metal handle on them, but those have all broken the spot welds off years ago. Just palm 'em on the thin side to pour 'em now...
They have a nifty internal spout that's slightly tapered so that when you pull it up, it makes a tolerance-fit seal. And it don't leak none!

View attachment 882472

View attachment 882473
Oh man I used to have a couple of those. You can't run over them though, they're just never the same afterward.

Oh man I used to have a couple of those. You can't run over them though, they're just never the same afterward.
Yeah, mine are a little worse for wear. That one in the pic is the one in the best shape. That's why it got its picture took! o_O

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top