JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The moronic Oregon paper bag thing. It is not the 5¢ charge for a technology with a failure rate hovering around 80%, it is having the same time-wasting, idiotic, conversation about said with every merchant. Yah, I know the Marxist-Leninist degenerates in Salem passed another stupid law. And I don't care about the nickle. :p
I refuse the bag just because of this....And since I don't bring my own, I love wasting the cashier's time, and thus the store's money, which is considerably more than the nickel they could just absorb as the cost of doing business, by waiting for the cashier to reload my cart item by item. I haven't done it yet, but I should then ask their courtesy clerk to load my car. Once I get to my car, I load the groceries in the formerly filled Costco boxes as they were free.

Just keep in mind:

1. We get charged for bags at the store, but not at restaurants
2. We can't be trusted to get or use straws in restaurants, but can buy all we want at stores
3. Single use cups, lids, containers, doggy bags, serving containers, what have you, are okay
4. Oregon Government represents the best of us based on voting; just ask the politicians

I refuse the bag just because of this....And since I don't bring my own, I love wasting the cashier's time, and thus the store's money, which is considerably more than the nickel they could just absorb as the cost of doing business, by waiting for the cashier to reload my cart item by item. I haven't done it yet, but I should then ask their courtesy clerk to load my car. Once I get to my car, I load the groceries in the formerly filled Costco boxes as they were free.

You like making people's jobs dealing with the public more difficult than it already can be? Even though they don't have one little thing to do with the insane laws/regulations the crazies in Salem enact? And regarding the nickle. Maybe you should educate yourself, rather than blab uninformed opinion? The nickle charge was mandated by the loony's in Salem. Not the stores. This household has been supported for 30+ years by wages from service to the public at a major grocery chain. Thankfully, people that behave like you suggest are still in the minority.

People who can't pronounce the letter 'L' drives me batty or batty-er...

Tom Brokaw is one who cannot correctly pronounce any word with an 'L' in it.

Why these folks don't get speech therapy is a puzzle or perhaps their problem is they're tongue tied and refuse surgery to fix their weirdo way of speaking?

When they speak they sound like they're having a stroke...

Static discharge that shocks you. This time of year I can't touch any metal object without getting zapped. I realize that is a normal thing, but it is damn near "force lightning" lately. (Tagged @TeacherSmurf because she'll like the Star Wars reference.)

@Mikej agreed, totally. The law is the problem. It is annoying to the customer and the retailer. Neither should be inconvenienced. Our elected officials, on the other hand, should be. :s0087:
Walmart employee was bubbleguming about my fabric bag. They do not stand upright and their bagging area does not support it. The funny part is that it was a Walmart bag with their logo.

Most commercials on my free OTA reception boob tube. I mute them if I can get to them fast enough. I multi task various chores in my home in the wee hours if I am up.

There is one commercial that keeps on REPEATING over and over again in the middle of the night. It plays VERY LOUD even if I have the sound turned down lower and put on closed caption viewing.

Pass It On is the name and they have a few different versions.

The same song and the screeching music that plays on it make you want to throw out the boob tube. That would not be the first time or reason for wanting to throw it out, give it away or turn it off though.

I started to watch some of the repeats (Mystery shows.) that I never saw in one series that come on in the middle of the night and sometimes during the day.

I do not own or choose to buy this specific mystery/detective show but I do ENJOY it very much!

Some of the OLDER BBC shows repeat in the middle of the night too. I enjoy them on PBS stations. I can pick up Spokane, WA and Montana PBS stations with my tiny indoor antenna connected to my Sony boob tube. The reception comes in better with the rooms that face north and towards Snowbowl ski resort here in this valley. My husband said that they have repeaters (?) up in that direction.

Cate

Last Edited:
You like making people's jobs dealing with the public more difficult than it already can be? Even though they don't have one little thing to do with the insane laws/regulations the crazies in Salem enact? And regarding the nickle. Maybe you should educate yourself, rather than blab uninformed opinion? The nickle charge was mandated by the loony's in Salem. Not the stores. This household has been supported for 30+ years by wages from service to the public at a major grocery chain. Thankfully, people that behave like you suggest are still in the minority.

^^^

What Mike said.

Thank you!

Cate

Get over yourself and relax. The title is "Pet Peeves". I am fully aware this comes from the nut bags in Salem. That doesn't mean I have to support it through wherever I am shopping just because "they are doing their job" or "just following "orders". The cost of clerks/cashiers is calculated into the price which includes reloading my cart if I happen to frequent such a market. At the same time, "major grocery chains" have no problem, if I choose to use it, not offering a discount to scan and bag my own groceries thus saving them money for not using a clerk. Hmmmm....It isn't the nickel that matters, but the principle behind it just like many other things that come from that cesspool. Time for dinner from my unbagged groceries.

Gyms with no shower facilities. So lame.

So, we had a good gym in the Podunk town I work in. Super easy; whenever there was a break in the insanity at the office, run down, do the daily set, clean up, back at it. Then it closed. Only options is some good facilities hour around trip drive to the north (with said facilities) or 30 minute around trip drive to the south (at dumps with no showers, so have to stop by homestead).

I've setup a mini-gym (free weights, bench, leg press, speedbag, etc. and going to acquire a treadmill) in one of the empty rooms at my office and I'm going to see if the building super will put in a shower stall provided I pay for it. He's easy to work with, so maybe. Figure long sets in the city, shorter ones at office. Well, it is a plan anyway. :s0155:

I refuse the bag just because of this....And since I don't bring my own, I love wasting the cashier's time, and thus the store's money, which is considerably more than the nickel they could just absorb as the cost of doing business, by waiting for the cashier to reload my cart item by item.

I have a pet peeve to share....

People that love wasting other people's time.

Walmart employee was bubbleguming about my fabric bag. They do not stand upright and their bagging area does not support it. The funny part is that it was a Walmart bag with their logo.

I am so annoyed with the situation I am actually, purposefully taking competitors bags into each store. Walmart gets Rays and Costco. Fred Meyer gets Walmart and Rays. Dollar General gets Dollar Tree bags and visa versa.

My dad taught me that as some places in his area were trying to charge for bags they had already purchased.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top