JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I have many Pet Peeves; I'd have to say ONE of my Biggest is people who can't be bothered to use Turn Signals when they are driving. I have NO idea how many accidents this had caused but I'm VERY sure it's an Incredible Number and NOT a small one.
In Oregon Driver Education Schools, they teach new divers to first slam on their brakes and then the turn signals, 20 feet before the turn. I got the message when you slammed on your brake idiot!

Biggest Pet Peeve...

Smug, self-importance when replying to things that aren't even understood purely for sake of mockery...
Belittling others in order to feel superior in vain attempts to stand out as moral arbiters...
"Dog piling' in ridicule without even knowing why - all for the lust of external validation...

Enablers of all the above.

Biggest Pet Peeve...

Smug, self-importance when replying to things that aren't even understood purely for sake of mockery...
Belittling others in order to feel superior in vain attempts to stand out as moral arbiters...
"Dog piling' in ridicule without even knowing why - all for the lust of external validation...

Sounds like everyone in politics :rolleyes:

While I have many Pet Peeves; I'd have to say ONE of my Biggest is people who can't be bothered to use Turn Signals when they are driving. I have NO idea how many accidents this had caused but I'm VERY sure it's an Incredible Number and NOT a small one.

Gotta agree with you on this. I'm lazy. Real lazy. But even I use the turn signals. Really, how much effort does it take???

Got another one - people who walk away from me when I am talking to them - I absolutely stop talking when ANYONE does this and let them walk.

O'bummer was famous for doing this. John Lott Jr. once tried to engage him at the University and was snubbed. Seems to be the way a lot of people are today, taking their cues from leadership.

People who spell words incorrectly is another one as well.

Big pet peeve: Speling Nazis... ;):p:D (Honestly, I hav to resist da urg meselve!)

At the intersection there have been times I absolutely refuse to go. Yesir! I'm going to sit right here and wait for that driver to go.

People that have no clue how a 4 way stop is supposed to work. And 5-way stops leave them completely stymied. No wonder cities started putting in roundabouts. But some people are incapable of figuring those out too!!!

Uptalk or Upspeak. It used to be confined to silly California-bred teenage girls? Then it spread to those who listen to too way much NPR? Now it is infectious? Hearing it from a man is most unbecoming?

Fixed it for ya? :):):)

Gotta be tough to survive posting in the comments sections of news articles!!! ;)

The overuse of the term 'Badass' especially when used to describe oneself...

Manny, that's totally Badass!! Totally. Literally Totally!!!

I've had a case of "Badass" after eating some sketchy street tacos...:eek: :D
Andy

I've never gotten that from eating sketchy street tacos. But Taco Hell.. that is the rule rather than the exception!!!

Speaking of roundabouts... Albany tried one at Old Quarry Road and Springhill intersection, because so many people wanted to turn L onto Old Quarry Road from either direction... and it got removed less than 6 months later because the truckers hated it... as they didn't make that roundabout large enough for the trucks..and it made it worse by forcing everyone to wait ridiculously longer to make the turns :rolleyes: also for a while maybe at the same time, they experimented with a weird setup at Springhill and hwy 20 before the bridge, in which there were two lanes, both lanes allowed L turn, but the right lane also allowed R turn (double turn lane).. it went right back to being only a R turn because people kept using the Left lane for Left turn into both lanes on hwy 20 :rolleyes:

Screeching super loud heavy metal music at the opening of gun videos. Some times it goes on and on before we get to subject matter. Ugh!

I'm sure to immediately stop the video as the content is usually equally bad as the ahem, opening music.

Why video producers think their gawd awful music blasting is necessary is beyond me.

Or, opening the video with 30/45 seconds of the 'star' mindlessly shooting endlessly before he or she gets into the meat of the show.

Again, ugh!

People that run a yellow then stack up the intersection so nobody can get through...It's happened twice this week and it's only Thursday.

Andy,

In this day and age you 'know' what they're doing...addictively/obessively diddling with their squawk boxes.

You know the ones that control their every move, every thought, well pseudo thought as these poor schmucks are actually bio-robots with nary a genuine thought left in their vacuous minds...

Four from this week:

1. The phenomenon I call "Cascading Idiocy". It is where one idiot sets off a chain-reaction of jackassery. I'll spare the dear reader the more Rube Goldberg-esque machinations that are pretty much a daily occurrence from certain federal agencies, but will stick to an easy one: an end-user couldn't pull off a client app install (hitting "next" three times and a "finish" is, evidently, heady stuff), has his IT guy do it who in turn interprets the instruction "install the latest release" with "find a version on our internal network from 2013", installs it, things no worky in a spectacular fashion, so they talked to one of my level one support guys. He's too dense to figure it out, kicks to me, my internal monologue commander in chief issues an F bomb strike, and I try to get a hold of the wayward soul to make him notice the date and version in his report. He's at a dentist appointment, second F-bomb authorized. Talked to the client's IT guy who asks "Eh, did something change on the back end since then?" Mute button is hit on my phone, third and final, high yield F-bomb is dropped, get back on the line with a, "Yes, a few things changed in almost seven years. Install the latest version."
  2. The phenomenon I call "The Boomerang". I can't take a task off my plate and give it to another member of the team without approximately 5,894 follow up questions. Read the damn documentation, shut up, and get it done.
  3. A young woman with a giant, pink "Princess" painted across her window who won't get moving well after the light has turned green. Can you hit the gas, Your Majesty? Trying to get to the gym.
  4. Those who slow down to see a hot chick whilst in the city. OK, you got me, I was the jackass in this story. People acting crazy is pretty common in this area, though they are rarely attractive. Spotted a curvy, lithe, brunette executing some most blessed dance moves on the street corner. And that muchacha had the wild, crazy in those deep brown eyes. Alas, the motorists behind me did not concur with my systems analysis of the situation and were not amused. :s0114:

Waking up this morning to find the coffee maker no longer works ....

tenor.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top