JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seriously though, If you guys up there have wolves hanging around your houses or ranches, take em out.

Mrs. Alpha doesn't want me taking out other girls of any species. But she does go on vacation from time to time. So just out of curiosity, how much would your typical female wolf need to drink on a date to be... you know... pliable? Do they tend to be demanding when you take them out? Do they like to dance?

Mrs. Alpha doesn't want me taking out other girls of any species. But she does go on vacation from time to time. So just out of curiosity, how much would your typical female wolf need to drink on a date to be... you know... pliable? Do they tend to be demanding when you take them out? Do they like to dance?
I honestly have no idea, I like my dames to only have 2 legs.

There's a reason we don't have gang problems out here. Things get taken care of.

Yep, no gang activity in Eastern Oregon.

Eugene Register-Guard - Google News Archive Search

Want more clippings? Google is a powerful tool, and if you think there are no "gang problems" in eastern Oregon, give it a look see. Google "gangs eastern oregon". Prolly nothing there, because you take care of it.

Yep, no gang activity in Eastern Oregon.

Eugene Register-Guard - Google News Archive Search

Want more clippings? Google is a powerful tool, and if you think there are no "gang problems" in eastern Oregon, give it a look see. Google "gangs eastern oregon". Prolly nothing there, because you take care of it.

Ontario is a bubblegumhole and has more in common with Boise, Nampa and Caldwell. You guys that think it's a 2 hour drive from Bend to Boise kill me.

Size matters and you're just a coyote. I don't think you could pick one up

Seattle urban v. Washington rural in wolf war

The Seattle Times is finally catching up on its wolf war coverage, but public reaction to Friday’s wolf update about plans to kill at least four of the predators is as interesting, if not moreso – and telling – than the story.

<broken link removed>

Well Dave, I don't see why they don't just use the same method they use with a "problem bear" up here in the Highlands. We had a very large cinamon black bear (450 lbs) up here that got a taste for sheep...after tring to relocate it a couple times, the word went out...F&W wants it gone. within a week, it was gone and the predation stopped. Why pay professional hunters...just put the word out that the particular animal/animals are now open for the taking...the locals will take care of the problem.

BTW: Did see wolf tracks on my land last winter...trailing a deer...dang, that wasn't a coydog????

bunch of pussy ranchers, needing their obama handouts. they were here first.

I hope you're kidding or you may reinforce my perception of the ignorance level of most folks on the west side. Some of those ranchers I know are silver star marines and other folks recently returned from bubblegum places like Iraq and Afghanistan. Where are your cites for ranchers being bubblegums and taking Obama handouts?

bunch of pussy ranchers, needing their obama handouts. they were here first.

Cow calf pair is worth something between $1500 and $2000 these days. Average ROI for a ranchers is about 2%. Farm subsidies go to farmers that don't raise crops on land they could, not ranchers, and the farm subsidies are much older than Ob's been pres.

I sincerely hope you are joking???? But then, you do live in King Co.. ):

Cow calf pair is worth something between $1500 and $2000 these days. Average ROI for a ranchers is about 2%. Farm subsidies go to farmers that don't raise crops on land they could, not ranchers, and the farm subsidies are much older than Ob's been pres.

I sincerely hope you are joking???? But then, you do live in King Co.. ):
+1 Family ranching is about as close to subsistence living as you can get. Its a life you have to love cause you sure as hell aint going to get rich doing it.

The small farmers and ranchers in our midst have a lot more guts than the people who would deny them a way to protect their way of life. Who else would put everything they own on the line year after year to make a living? They are guaranteed nothing but taxes and death and everything else they have to fight for. They gamble every year that whatever they raise will provide them with enough to make it through to the next year. Everyone has the right to protect their property and livelyhood. They have the right to protect their herds from wolves. There is a reason that wolves have been demonized since time immemorial, they are a very real threat to us. I am from the west side but most of my values are more east side.

I don't want to stereotype all "big city" folks the same, but I see this kind of attitude all too often and it's very much the same attitude from the "antis." Condescension coupled with a complete lack of understanding and appreciation of what it means to work the land and be responsible for the stewardship of our world and fellow man.
Light switches make lights come on by "magic" and produce and meat magically show up every week in the grocery store. They think ranchers are getting a free ride by public grazing but would be absolutely sickened by the confined feeding areas that define large corporate farms. I'd love to see some of these same folks try to keep up for even one week of 20 hour days during calving and haying season, and put their livelihood at the mercy of weather, "antis," and clueless regulation and bureaucracy. You can't ranch successfully without a love and appreciation of the land, your animals and a strong work ethic. Ranching and logging taught me how to work hard, got me through college, showed me life is not always fair and gave me a sense of responsibility and appreciation of all the blessings this country has afforded us all. You want to call me a bubblegum go ahead, but I'd back the weakest rancher with a 30-30 lever action against a hoard of tacticool mall ninjas any day of the week.

An example for those that do not understand what "land poor" means. Or why there are "Corporate" farms. One of my Uncles died a couple years ago..he was 89 years old. Drove a 1992 Ford Crown Vic and had a 1976 Ford F250 4X4, His tractors and combine were from the 60's. He had about 250 registered Hereford Cow Calf Pairs..farmed a section and ranched the rest.

After the tax man got finished, his kids had to sell some of his land and his herd to pay the taxes, then they kept what was left...how much was left to split 4 ways (4 kids) about $7.5 million. Why did a "multi-millionaire" drive a 20 year old car and a 35 year old truck? He didn't have any discretionary funds to purchase new...that is called "land poor" folks. Lot's of money invested in your ranch, no spare cash in your pocket.

Even though he did not incorporate his ranch, he should have..Why? Corporations do not die, and if you do not die your heirs do not have to sell off some of your property to pay inheritance taxes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top