JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, what it does is create a THRIVING black market.
There's a black market for anything rare, hard to acquire, and/or illegal, but black markets are accessible by a very small portion of society.

When Trump banned bump stocks and made owning one illegal, do you think 100% of them were turned in? Nobody thinks that, not even the people at the ATF. Just because there's a law against running a red light doesn't mean 100% of people follow that law. But 99% do.

For bump stocks, I'm guessing sales of bump stocks flowing from manufacturers to private hands (through dealers) were cut by 99.9%, and private party sales were cut by >95%. The rule banning bump stocks isn't going to be reversed just because a small percentage of people are trading theirs on the black market.

Or
There's a black market for anything rare, hard to acquire, and/or illegal, but black markets are accessible by a very small portion of society.

When Trump banned bump stocks and made owning one illegal, do you think 100% of them were turned in? Nobody thinks that, not even the people at the ATF. Just because there's a law against running a red light doesn't mean 100% of people follow that law. But 99% do.

For bump stocks, I'm guessing sales of bump stocks flowing from manufacturers to private hands (through dealers) were cut by 99.9%, and private party sales were cut by >95%. The rule banning bump stocks isn't going to be reversed just because a small percentage of people are trading theirs on the black market.

Bump stocks are a useless novelty, I don't see a huge demand, even before the ban. Actual firearms are another matter all together. Do you honestly believe I1639 REALLY has everybody transferring firearms? Not even close. Maybe in the People's Republic of Puget Sound, but I guarantee that in FREE Washington they are bought and sold freely, every day.

Or

Bump stocks are a useless novelty, I don't see a huge demand, even before the ban. Actual firearms are another matter all together. Do you honestly believe I1639 REALLY has everybody transferring firearms? Not even close. Maybe in the People's Republic of Puget Sound, but I guarantee that in FREE Washington they are bought and sold freely, every day.
Thats great if you know who you're dealing with, but it wouldn't matter if a buyer on this board had 1000 positive feedbacks, I'm still taking him/her to an FFL to do the deal. It saves me a lot of potential problems doing it that way. YMMV, but taking it to an FFL protects me and the buyer.

Confiscation is really low on the list of priorities. Always has been. It's easier to pass restrictions on sales and transfers going forward. What that does is consolidate existing supply in the hands of those who already have it, making resources more scarce and valuable. Your collection will go up in value but so will the replacement cost, and new owners will be priced out (if they haven't been already...ammo and popular firearms are double what they were 2 years ago).

The "boating accident" line is old and tired.
Uh huh...sure.

:s0093::s0093::s0093::s0093:

Will they authorize shooting them? That's what true Americans did when the British tried to take guns away.
We can't talk like that anymore.

No matter what the 2nd amendment is truly for, and how desperately it is needed today, we are supposed to be good subjects and roll over and take it, while strenuously objecting via writing your "representatives".

No matter what the 2nd amendment is truly for, and how desperately it is needed today, we are supposed to be good subjects and roll over and take it, while strenuously objecting via writing your "representatives".

Oh that's right, I forgot about the whole "unity" thing not to mention 1A is on the same slippery arse slope as 2A and 4A.

Prohibition proved that. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah like back when the gov knew best then too and poisoned hundreds of thousands of people with denatured spirits just because.
Yeah trust gov. they KNOW what best for you.
Go on suck that teet!
Saddest part is they havent changed one iota. maybe got slightly better at hiding until recently they couldnt give a rats ssa.
Yup, I remember when only a very few had access to drugs because they were illegal. :rolleyes:
Yeah rumor has it go to jail and you can literally find anything. But then again crims are such honest people they legitimately forgot in a stooper that they hid that contraband up their arse only to remember once they woke up in jail, im sure its just there for safe keeping.

100%
Also 100% sick that this is 100% true.

Well, they have to empty out the illegals from the ICE detention centers so that they can convert them to reeducation camps amd to make room for real American citizens that they don't want disagreeing with them.

The "useful information" emoji on the far right is helpful when you don't want to be seen as liking the content of the link, but want to give kudos to the poster for bringing it to your attention. Just hover over the like button and a small menu appears.
Thanks for the info,
But its not really germane to the point i was making.
I already knew what he was saying, and that it was true. So its not really useful to me.
I dislike the statement because its true,
Its sad. Theres not really a reaction that quite fits the juxtoposition.

Yup.. Im sure its literally in the thousands of instances we have throughout ALL of history (except maybe biblical) where gov did this kind of bubblegum.

Got the stomach for this one?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads