JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Overheard at a gun show yesterday: "Civil disobedience...never give up my rights...I will not surrender anything...forget buy-backs...the government of the people, for the people and by the people...the Constitution should not be changed according to any personal or political agenda...Charlton Heston was right...if the vote of the people of Washington concerning vehicle tab costs was nullified by politicians, then the people can nullify any actions by politicians...there are instances where majority rule is unconstitutional...nobody will tell me what I can own...law enforcement officers support the Second Amendment...I will never succumb." You get the drift...............
Good argument indeed. However, Social engineering could negate this advantage to some degree. For Example look at how the Reddit's used GameStop to take down major brokerage house's & hedge funds to the tune of Billions. More importantly - The mastermind behind the sub that built an army of believer's in his illusion & used them to make himself wealthy, by selling them lie's for truth.

No freedom seeds, no freedom seed launchers... Been sold off or pounded into plowshares... That's what one does when communism takes over their country, is it not comrade???

Sad reality in the USSA...
Mao Zedong did the opposite, melting plows and tractors to produce machinery and weapons. IIRC, more than 40 million died of starvation with that....
There's a black market for anything rare, hard to acquire, and/or illegal, but black markets are accessible by a very small portion of society.
where I grew up, there was a very vibrant market for weapons, sex and drugs.
Whoa, never red more than a paragraph because of all the pop-ups.

votingisfake.jpg

Mao Zedong did the opposite, melting plows and tractors to produce machinery and weapons. IIRC, more than 40 million died of starvation with that....
Yeah because mao (please don't give him the respect of capitalizing his name) also demanded they give up their heating and cooking stoves and their pots and pans too! Amything steel was reclaimed "for the people"
Brilliant!

where I grew up, there was a very vibrant market for weapons, sex and drugs.
Sorry to hear that. Its universally true though. Unfortunately, wherever there is poverty people are always trying to escape it in ANY way possible.
Glad you made it out. And im sure your PLENTY wiser and have tons of character from those experiences.

Whoa, never red more than a paragraph because of all the pop-ups.
Check out duckduckgo

I switched a few months ago for mobile and pc and have been pretty impressed with it. FF stinks lately.
But i dont think ive gotten any pop up ads for stuff since switching. Just the cookie warnings

Also check out virustotal a free website you can upload files and check for risks as well as enter URL's To check for malware etc.
ALL TOTALLY FREE. It uses the actual libraries where most common anti virus software gets their libraries from.
And checks it through like 30-40 sources.

Sounds good, what other "useless" firearms accessories are you okay with politicians banning?
I could totally LIVE without suppressors. No earthly USE for them. I could totally LIVE without AR-anything. I don't see any USE for them. Had an M16 in the Army, most useless firearm I ever carried.
But do not ASSUME that the fact I could care less about them mean that I am ok with the whittling away of our Rights.
ASSUMING that I'm ok with it just because I think the whole lot is STUPID does not mean I am ok with it being banned.

People spend way too much time worrying about the president IMO. They should worry about the legislature. (And the judiciary now a days, sad to say.) Getting this thread back on topic here are things I've thought for months, and with both chambers controlled by the Dems they're top of mind.

Predictions for 2021 re: national gun control

1) Tax plan floated. Not the silly bubblegum coming out of that Texan, but something. Maybe an excise tax on ammunition? Perhaps a tariff on imported ammunition? Always been surprised that this isn't a bigger thing – the power to tax is the power to destroy. And it would appeal to the majority who don't care because they won't pay it.

2) Funding of the CDC to "study" "gun violence." Might be linked to the tax.

3) National background check requirement.

4) "Assault" weapons ban. Magazine bans. At least import restrictions. Personally I think the only thing holding them back is the memory of 1994, and there are a whole lot of younger folks who have no memory of that. This might be the session they take over.

At the state level, well, it's Oregon. They'll be up their normal shenanigans bubblegumting all over the 2nd.

So... not to be a kill joy, but I just need to share...
One small part of my weird af MOS was Interferometry and magnetoscopy as they relate to detection systems.
And they've come pretty far since I was involved. (Detection is all about selectivity now - not gain.)

Some of the densest steel/metal in a common civilians possession is - guess what? - Weapon steel and components in readily identifiable shapes.
A simple fly over with Sauron's Gaze will identify everything you may think is buried and completely out of sight.
Best bet is to co-op an old steel mill or wrecking yard and bury things there. Also - burying under cast water main pipes in parallel may help.

Told you I really didn't want to be that guy. :(

Bonus fun fact: One of the most densest, strongest (and semi-rarest) forms of steel a human has had common interaction with in an average life would be pre-1970's Pittman steering arms on old steering boxes. And if you can still find them (NASA cornered the market on the old scrap parts decades ago.) they still fetch a pretty penny by those who know their value. NASA liked their high carbon spec'd steel and used them all in metallurgical formulas for reuse.

If this tech is viable how are all the goat herders in the sand box still hiding there weapon caches for years?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top