JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People spend way too much time worrying about the president IMO. They should worry about the legislature. (And the judiciary now a days, sad to say.) Getting this thread back on topic here are things I've thought for months, and with both chambers controlled by the Dems they're top of mind.

Predictions for 2021 re: national gun control

1) Tax plan floated. Not the silly bubblegum coming out of that Texan, but something. Maybe an excise tax on ammunition? Perhaps a tariff on imported ammunition? Always been surprised that this isn't a bigger thing – the power to tax is the power to destroy. And it would appeal to the majority who don't care because they won't pay it.

2) Funding of the CDC to "study" "gun violence." Might be linked to the tax.

3) National background check requirement.

4) "Assault" weapons ban. Magazine bans. At least import restrictions. Personally I think the only thing holding them back is the memory of 1994, and there are a whole lot of younger folks who have no memory of that. This might be the session they take over.

At the state level, well, it's Oregon. They'll be up their normal shenanigans bubblegumting all over the 2nd.

Is worse than one could imagine: HR 127: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/stop_hr_127

• Establish a publicly-searchable gun registry containing your most private information
  • Require you to petition an anti-gun Attorney General for a "license" to possess firearms & ammunition
  • Further force you to obtain "firearms insurance" from the federal government at a cost of $800 PER YEAR
  • Ban numerous rifles, AR pistols, shotguns, .50 (or greater) ammo, and any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds
  • Slap gun owners with mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines for so-called 'violations' of this proposed legislation

Is worse than one could imagine: HR 127: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/stop_hr_127

• Establish a publicly-searchable gun registry containing your most private information
  • Require you to petition an anti-gun Attorney General for a "license" to possess firearms & ammunition
  • Further force you to obtain "firearms insurance" from the federal government at a cost of $800 PER YEAR
  • Ban numerous rifles, AR pistols, shotguns, .50 (or greater) ammo, and any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds
  • Slap gun owners with mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines for so-called 'violations' of this proposed legislation

We've all read it. Some of us have looked into further. It seems it has no chance of passing. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Yeah, the equivalent of that bill is introduced all the time - check out HR5715 from the last congress. I'm imagine there's been one every session for the past 20 years. They never go anywhere.

OTOH the things I'm thinking of I can imagine getting to a vote. I hope not, but hope is not a plan as they say.

If this tech is viable how are all the goat herders in the sand box still hiding there weapon caches for years?

Who says they're hiding anything? And from whom?

Cost/Effort vs Return On Investment?

In 1979 the USAF could see a bar of barrel steel laying 12' deep in a field from 750' in the air using just the earth's magnetics as a background. (Passive detection.) This was also knowing what test area was to be searched and friendly airspace.

These days your home router gives off enough millimeter wave back scatter to allow things and people to be seen through the walls.

In 1979 the USAF could see a bar of barrel steel laying 12' deep in a field from 750' in the air using just the earth's magnetics as a background. (Passive detection.) This was also knowing what test area was to be searched and friendly airspace.

These days your home router gives off enough millimeter wave back scatter to allow things and people to be seen through the walls.
God Bless Al Gore's internet and the resulting WiFi surge, er scourge....

We've all read it. Some of us have looked into further. It seems it has no chance of passing. I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Has no chance of passing in its current form, but how will they "negotiate" to get at least something to pass... Chipping away at our rights an inch at a time...

I would have to bet that mandatory background checks will go through.
Its "reasonable" and the "common sense" thing to do...:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, forgot:

5) Repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

The squawkers have had it in their sights for years. The (lie) about it being a "special protection for the firearms industry" is just the kind of propaganda that today's lefties thrive on.

I heard that there is a proposal to have a Coast Guard detachment of the ATF.....

ATF-Boating-Accident-Assistance-Meme.jpg

I have watched a few documentaries on wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and it sure seems like a good chunk of time for those guys is spent searching for weapon caches, usually because someone tipped them off or they watched someone.

The one that sticks in my mind, they an route to search for a cache in some sort of field/orchard and their vehicle was hit by en IED and a couple guys died.

If we could locate piles of guns underground from the air we would just drone strike them amd be done with it. You would think.

Senile Joe is back at it, calling for Congress to re-push his "AWB" - gonna get ugly, and not just because he's one gaffe away from getting 25thed out, but because the "moderate" Dems and the rabid leftists all want to strip your rights.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top