JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm still more on the repealing Posse Commitatus side and putting military patrols in schools. A squad per school would suffice.

No I don't think arming teachers is a great or even reasonably good idea.
I'm all for hardening schools. Having the presence of trained professionals on school grounds is certainly a deterrent, but you're still advocating that a persons 2A rights are null and void... or require permission... while on the clock?

IOW, gun free zones are valid, 2A are second class rights and should require permission and regulation.

Fair enough. Like any woke, you're entitled to your opinion. I just isn't mine, what the 2A clearly states... or what has been upheld as the law of the land.

I'm all for hardening schools. Having the presence of trained professionals on school grounds is certainly a deterrent, but you're still advocating that a persons 2A rights are null and void... or require permission... while on the clock?

IOW, gun free zones are valid, 2A are second class rights and should require permission and regulation.

Fair enough. Like any woke, you're entitled to your opinion. I just isn't mine, what the 2A clearly states... or what has been upheld as the law of the land.
Your employer dictates the rules of your employment.Nothing new

I'll admit I skimmed, but I think armed professionals far outweigh arming a bunch of teachers that would rather force their beliefs down your kids throats than touch a firearm.

I'll admit I skimmed, but I think armed professionals far outweigh arming a bunch of teachers that would rather force their beliefs down your kids throats than touch a firearm.
You don't think forcibly arming a bunch of Evergreen College pichouli smelling hippie skirt wearing Oregon inner city high school teachers is a good idea because it's cheaper than paying armed guards? You wokester.

I am not allowed to carry a gun into a school. Neither are teachers.
And its unconstitutional in public schools.
Im a firm believer in everyone being able to exercise their constitutional right. The fact that its unconstitutionally illegal to carry in a public school does not mean teachers should not be allowed. Its not different than trusting you to carry on the street.

You don't think forcibly arming a bunch of Evergreen College pichouli smelling hippie skirt wearing Oregon inner city high school teachers is a good idea because it's cheaper than paying armed guards? You wokester.
That's the first time someone has ever called me woke. Damn. :D

And no, I don't. Not only do most teachers NOT want any part of guns but these are our kids we are talking about. The highest amount of training and professionalism isn't asking too much here.

Armed pros fully outweigh armed teachers but thats not whats happening. They are actually continually removing armed police in public schools.
this is all beside the point, teachers have a constitutional right to carry in public places and they are denied.

and I dont think for a minute it would make any school shooting worse. Just ask the teachers at Ulvade about relying on armed pros.

That's the first time someone has ever called me woke. Damn. :D

And no, I don't. Not only do most teachers NOT want any part of guns but these are our kids we are talking about. The highest amount of training and professionalism isn't asking too much here.
How much training should be required to carry in public?

And its unconstitutional in public schools.
Im a firm believer in everyone being able to exercise their constitutional right. The fact that its unconstitutionally illegal to carry in a public school does not mean teachers should not be allowed. Its not different than trusting you to carry on the street.

I have freedom of speech. My employer can fire me for things I say off the clock. I have the second amendment on my side. My employer can fire me for carrying a gun on the job. Totally legal. Rights are not absolute. You might think they are but that doesn't make it so.

I have freedom of speech. My employer can fire me for things I say off the clock. I have the second amendment on my side. My employer can fire me for carrying a gun on the job. Totally legal. Rights are not absolute. You might think they are but that doesn't make it so.
your not a teacher though. You get fired. Teachers get prison.

Huge difference in the decision making...

I am not allowed to carry a gun into a school. Neither are teachers.
There are about half the states in the U.S. that DO allow firearms (other than trained professionals) on school grounds in one form or another.

Name me one case where an authorized person (parent/teacher/school employee) suddenly "snapped" and started dropping bodies.

I'll wait...... ;)

We are talking about security inside our schools. Not "carrying in public". You can't stretch it that far. :rolleyes:
Public schools are public places.

Its not a stretch its exact.

Teaching is a job, just like any of our jobs. Do you carry at work? (dont answer publicly, I already know anyways... :) )

Public schools are public places.

Its not a stretch its exact.

Teaching is a job, just like any of our jobs. Do you carry at work? (dont answer publicly, I already know anyways... :) )
Armed security for school kids, whether teachers or a professional organization is NOT the same as me carrying at the mall. My time at the mall is to shop, not guard everyone. That's my personal carry to protect me and my family. An armed teacher or guard protecting a whole school is completely different.

Yes, I carry at work. Everywhere. :)

Heres a question for the discussion....

What level of armed training is required:
to stop a mugging,
to stop a carjacking,
to stop a store armed robber,
to stop a mall shooter,
to stop a school shooter,

Now ask yourself what level of training the Ulvade police dept had?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top