JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good chrome Moly Touring frame from the 80s-90s works great for a commuter/BOV system..especially if it has a slightly longer wheelbase than a dedicated Mountain Trail bike, and if it has eyelets for both front and rear racks, cantilever brakes, and a decent gear set. With such a setup, you would be able to have both a front and rear rack that can carry some weight, and using the MOLLE Sustainment pouches as both front and rear bags, You would be able to carry stuff down low. With water bottle carriers mounted either to handlebar or to the top tube of the frame up front, and a frame bag holding small items like bike toolkit and spare chain and links, and a seatbag holding other things, plus a sleeping bag lashed to the rear frame, and a sleep roll or air mat lashed to the front between the rack and the handlebars, you ought to be able to carry just about everything you need. I have seen where someone made great use of kitty litter or detergerent buckets as rear cargo panniers, that would be great place to carry your ammo.. Another was to drill and mount ammo cans to the rear rack.... Ever since I got a car, I've not used the bicycle much... but I now have a vintage bike that has a Wald Products wire basket in the rear, which while heavy, is useful as I can lash stuff to the wire frame and use it to carry stuff... it is basically a newspaper boy's delivery vehicle in appearance, so it does not look suspicious ;) I've gone away from building the trailer as it is not necessary for what I want to do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top