JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just in Bi-Mart this morning to buy some storage boxes and wandered over to the gun counter to see what was up. Some poor schmuck asks the gal behind the counter "Hey, I was in a few days ago and there was a blister pack with a speed loader and a couple of magazines for a 10-22, but I don't see them now?" The sales gal says "yeah, we sold out of them and we won't be getting any more... They were 25 round magazines in the pack and we have decided to not sell anything over a 10 round capacity"

Needless to say I made a derisive comment about that being a stupid policy. The gal said that she agreed, but doesn't make the rules... The whole world has gone mad

I was just in Bi-Mart this morning to buy some storage boxes and wandered over to the gun counter to see what was up. Some poor schmuck asks the gal behind the counter "Hey, I was in a few days ago and there was a blister pack with a speed loader and a couple of magazines for a 10-22, but I don't see them now?" The sales gal says "yeah, we sold out of them and we won't be getting any more... They were 25 round magazines in the pack and we have decided to not sell anything over a 10 round capacity"

Needless to say I made a derisive comment about that being a stupid policy. The gal said that she agreed, but doesn't make the rules... The whole world has gone mad
Stock up on standard capacity magazines while you can... Some how the crazies all believe there's something magical about all magazine capacities above 10...

It's so 1996...

They probably won't care if those under 21 complain about their stupid new policy, but when geezer baby boomers, like me, gripe they might listen a bit more! We're a much larger portion of the population! Support the kids!!!

I remember going into bimart 4 days after the Parkland shooting. My brother inlaw and I went in so he could buy a takedown 1022 and the first thing the guy at the gun counter says is "are both of you at least 21?. Honestfly, I was flattered at first because it was the first time ive been asked that in years :cool:. He ended uo buying the takedown for a good deal but dont think ill be going back anytime soon if at all.

However while Ive been at various Bimarts I really do enjoy hearing guys go up to employees and tell them their issue with the 21+ policy.

I saw that one day at BiMart. I got no pleasure. The guy was probably mid/late 50s, asking about 30 round AR mags, and he acted disgusted. To me he came off kind of rude. However, I do understand, because there's been times I had it in my mind if we have communications with the people on the ground it will get back to the hierarchy. Still, being rude to the the grunt isn't going to help.

I can't forgive you for that Regerts. :)

I saw that one day at BiMart. I got no pleasure. The guy was probably mid/late 50s, asking about 30 round AR mags, and he acted disgusted. To me he came off kind of rude. However, I do understand, because there's been times I had it in my mind if we have communications with the people on the ground it will get back to the hierarchy. Still, being rude to the the grunt isn't going to help.

I can't forgive you for that Regerts. :)
I totally agree. The guy(s) I spoke of mostly bring up their issues with the age restriction respectfully. Id have zero tolerance for some guy going off on a poor stocker who has no idea what he's talking about. But if the message is spread maybe they'll get sick of hearing it and do away with the policy.

It's a business decision. They're in business to make money. Any decent business flows with the current tide. I don't like it. It can move into an area that will be a real pain in the arse. Other similar businesses notice what each are doing and keep track of success or failure. It's up to us gun folk to purchase where things are favorable to us. Those choices seem to be getting thinner.

Thank God for Brownells and SGAmmo, and similar places...

Which reminds me, as soon as the numbers fall back into place time to order another dozen 30-rounders and see about a case or two of the Good Stuff.

But we can still hurt them, and even a mid-tier like Kroger albeit probably not a giant like Walbarf, if we all start saying with our dollars and our communications in one voice:

"We got a Burn Notice on you. You're Blacklisted."

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR