JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to know who he is going to have confiscate all these guns he is planning on taking away? Will he hire NATO/UN forces to do the raids? Many of the soldiers (forget the local police forces) he would order to confiscate our guns would be AR15 owners themselves and may not be so happy to be stripping away the constitutional rights of their fellow citizens, but also their own rights. After all, we are a volunteer civilian military, not an authoritarian military dictatorship. But, I think Betohole O'Rourke doesn't understand this concept.

Thanks Beta O Dork for making my choice that much more clear, I WILL be keeping my AR 15's and my AK's thank you very much, and there isn't a goddamn thing you can do to stop me! So, go play with your cheese grater in the closet and leave me the hell alone!

During the debate tonight:, Beto:

"Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47," (Emphasis added).

There it is folks, on national television.

What's that they're always peddling? 'No one is going to take your guns.':rolleyes:

Fortunately he has little chance of being anything more than a 'Participant' ribbon winner.

Boss

Thats still not gonna get enough gun owners to switch from D to R this time around, especially those who are all about "why does anyone need ARs and AKs?" :rolleyes:

If he had said "hell yes we are going to take your guns away" maybe.

The Dems not only have a problem with guns. Rrrrright......it's in their party platform.

Preventing Gun Violence
With 33,000 Americans dying every year**, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

Taken from: https://www.democrats.org/party-platform#gun-violence

++++++

But, they also want health care for illegals.

Huh? I heard of the proposed Medicare for all. But, Health Care for Illegals?

Rrrright....and guess who pays for it? I can only watch about 20 seconds before I start to gag.

Aloha, Mark

Doesn't surprise me, there is a camp, not sure how big it is... This camp thinks we should only have black powder muskets for self defense.

In my head I picture them speaking in shrill voices with wobbly eyes.
I wouldn't mind open carrying a blunderbuss. Of course, they would getr the whole uncle Fester package along with it.

I wouldn't mind open carrying a blunderbuss. Of course, they would getr the whole uncle Fester package along with it.

Why not......a blunderbuss with a verticle hand grip and bayonet lug too?

Easy enough to do, I guess.

But, full semi-auto.....might be a tad harder. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

It looks like the Dems have come up with what they think is a win-win situation...
1st is to ban all guns.
2nd: Confiscation.
That much we already know.
If it works we become subjects of The State... serfs working to feed government (the end-game).
When there is widespread noncompliance and, in their best case scenario violence and bloodletting, they'll declare Martial law and suspend most (if not all of) the Bill of Rights. Curfews and door-kicking, mass incarcerations, rounding-up dissidents and newly declared "enemies of the State" will result in more violence and they'll turn up the heat, escalate, and retaliate. Either way, through voluntary compliance or not, they get what they're after.

Lots of moving parts to that, many obstacles and unknowns. It's really more of a fantasy than a plan, but I'd bet my own money that it's a scenario that's been discussed in some campaign war rooms.
NOTHING is off-the-table anymore.

To be clear, I don't think even the regressive left will enjoy watching this play-out much beyond the initial thrill of seeing some of "Those People" (us) getting what they deserved. For most of them, the appetite for violence will wane somewhat but they'll console themselves with talk about the "greater good", "means to an end", and "breaking a few eggs to make an omelette...", etc, etc.

Identify a problem.
Propose a solution.
Ridicule and marginalize opponents.
It's in the handbook.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR