JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"In the video, O'Rourke claimed "we force lower-income working Americans to drive one, two, three hours in either direction to get to their jobs, very often minimum wage jobs. They're working two or three of them right now.""
:s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113::s0113:

Y'all know any minimum wage workers that drive from Portland to Medford or Medford to Portland on a daily basis for work????

Let's do the math, 6 hours of travel time to one job for 4-8 hours, so that's somewhere between 10-14 hours, for just that one job. What's this clowns IQ, cause it's got to be pretty low... :s0092:
Math is hard.

We're going to go door to door confiscating that. We just haven't worked out the details yet

"How do you — how do we enforce any law? There's a significant reliance on people complying with the law."

Now that MIGHT be the reason why there are so many CRIMINALS - people who do NOT comply with the law....

Laws can ONLY be enforced on a population willing to obey those laws. It is so blindingly obvious to anybody with more than ten brain cells.
As I said earlier, NJ banned hi cap magazines in January and to date have had zero magazines turned in.

Zero.

How long do they have to create laws that people ignore to realize they're losing their grip?

As I said earlier, NJ banned hi cap magazines in January and to date have had zero magazines turned in.

Zero.

How long do they have to create laws that people ignore to realize they're losing their grip?

Yup.

Super slippery slope, turning honest law abiding folks into criminals. Over an unconstitutional law....

The multiple job thing is also debunked myth. Certainly some people have more than one job, but nowhere near the numbers they state. If they were working multiple jobs they wouldn't be low income.
Multiple jobs is usually a hallmark of low income - the fact being that most of these are not full time jobs. Wanna know what sucks about working two part time jobs? Working 60 hours total and getting NONE.NADA.ZIP overtime pay because you only worked 30 hours at each. Oh, and that's too few to be considered full time so...no soup benefits for you!

All that being said...this rat race is a young person's game. Once you get some experience under your belt you jump to the first opportunity to make more per hour at one job or get some benefits. Same with the jump to salary (I actually made less money moving to salary because of no longer getting OT pay...but it made negotiating at other jobs much, much easier).

RE Beto: I believe that the only people who would willingly comply with your law are already democrats. To date, I believe democratic gun owners account for exactly 3 guns. So, have fun with your buyback confiscation! :D

And if the people have half a brain, he'll remain a nobody, as nature intended it to be...

Half a brain is still more than Beta has...

This isn't true. Don't forget there are a plethora of jobs that are only part time. So a person working three jobs at $12.00 an hour for 50 hours a week (if they're lucky?) sure ain't "Middle Class".

Works out to be $30k/yr.

Multiple jobs is usually a hallmark of low income -

It's also a hallmark of people with no marketable trade skills or advanced education. Anybody that dorks off all their childhood/teen/youngadult years and then expects to get a full time job with full bennies... don't cry to me!! Go out and get some trade skills or further education if you want better pay.

It is extremely frustrating to me that many people only aspire to work menial labor but want living/family wage!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"People that want by the yard, but try by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"!

It is extremely frustrating to me that many people only aspire to work menial labor but want living/family wage!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"People that want by the yard, but try by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"!

Oh, I agree with you, if that wasn't clear. My time working multiples was during and to pay for college. Like I said, doing so (and getting by with little sleep) is a young man's game. Graduated to a junk economy and a junk job - but it had benefits. Took a "promotion" at that same location to move to salary (making less because of no OT). But, that got me into negotiating for salary at other businesses. From there on out, I've jumped my way up the corporate ladder.

Not only should people realize that in order to make money, you cannot work menially...but if you're not going to start your own business and control your own destiny, then you have to climb the corporate ladder...and no one will pay you more than the company you're about to go to. Stay a year, maybe a year and a half, and perform admirably. Then look for another job for a few thousand more a year. Rinse and repeat - especially in hot job markets like the one we have now. The days of corporate loyalty are long, long gone.

Oh, I agree with you, if that wasn't clear. My time working multiples was during and to pay for college. Like I said, doing so (and getting by with little sleep) is a young man's game. Graduated to a junk economy and a junk job - but it had benefits. Took a "promotion" at that same location to move to salary (making less because of no OT). But, that got me into negotiating for salary at other businesses. From there on out, I've jumped my way up the corporate ladder.

Not only should people realize that in order to make money, you cannot work menially...but if you're not going to start your own business and control your own destiny, then you have to climb the corporate ladder...and no one will pay you more than the company you're about to go to. Stay a year, maybe a year and a half, and perform admirably. Then look for another job for a few thousand more a year. Rinse and repeat - especially in hot job markets like the one we have now. The days of corporate loyalty are long, long gone.

Zactly! The other problem that I have is with people, not you, that don't do anything to further their careers or help their situation... they stay working for Walmart and complain that they don't make enough... For gosh sakes, they need to stop and take some night classes, go to trade school, whatever it takes! If qualified to get a better job, they need to go do it! A bunch of whiner baby birds with their beaks open waiting for mama bird to feed them!!!

Beto doesn't give a rat's keester what happens if his simplistic ideas culminate in selectively gutting the Second Amendment, sheriffs with spines refusing to comply, exorbitant State and Federal court actions and re-actions, citizens resisting - resulting in American bloodshed. etc. Because he is not directly involved in any of it, nor would he ever be. He's just another loudmouth, vote-whoring ideologue using whatever (51/49 ratio) platform he thinks will bring him popular support - and insulated, tax-funded, protected power.

Last Edited:
Ok so heres the plan.

GUYS!!!

Listen!!!!!

Buy up airsoft AR's and sell them back that way! They shouldn't immediately know the difference.

Ok so heres the plan.

GUYS!!!

Listen!!!!!

Buy up airsoft AR's and sell them back that way! They shouldn't immediately know the difference.

This. Or a .22LR version. Then again, given the image below...I'm sure that literally anything could be used as a stand in.
journalists-guide-to-firearms-identification-machine-guns-and-glocks-assault-3479572.png

I'm old, so it's simple for me.

If they want mine, they're gonna' have to bring theirs.

God bless America and its patriots.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Back Top