JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, the GCA68 applies across the board and was manipulated to attempt to regulate things that it didn't regulate.

I guess I didn't clearly understand the question -- I took it to be "why are prosecutors worried about recent rulings on whether the AR15 lower receiver is a reciever under Federal definitions?"

...What I'm wondering about is what benefits do the regulations have in the real world. My guess is that it's unquantifiable and therefore unjustafiable....

There are likely no real world benefits from the GCA but that there are benefits, is taken as a given. This law has been in place for half a century now and repealing it would be an incredibly hard sell.

I guess I didn't clearly understand the question -- I took it to be "why are prosecutors worried about recent rulings on whether the AR15 lower receiver is a reciever under Federal definitions?"

There are likely no real world benefits from the GCA but that there are benefits, is taken as a given. This law has been in place for half a century now and repealing it would be an incredibly hard sell.
You're correct in that my question was more rhetorical than anything else.

What is the benefit?

If nothing, then kill it. Kill it with fire. Burn it down, bag the ashes, and move on.

You're also right that repealing would never fly today. Hell, rescinding Obama's EO about putting people put in the "Denied" column due to a request for fiduciary help was purposly mischaracterizes as, "Republicans want to give the mentally Ill guns!".
Similar manufactured outrage over the ubiquitous and super-secret "No Fly List"... Trump Wants Terrorists To Have Guns".

It's so GD stupid that I have a hard time containing myself.

This is me being "contained".

I wouldn't rely on them. Most people Trump puts in place are lackeys to his own whims, and I wouldn't trust McConnell as far as I could throw him. But then I don't have much trust in either of the main parties. Both are overly fanatical about something. Right now it just so happens that the pubs are seemingly fanatical about Trump (and denying a good few rights) and the dems are overly fanatical about messing with 2A rights.
So, you going to just give up then?
You seem unaware that the president cannot fire a judge like he can an ambassador. Once they are in they are set and not subject to the whims of Trump or McConnell. Trump has installed conservative judges on benches all over the US. This will help our cause.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top