Best gun safe?

Discussion in 'Gun Safes & Secure Storage' started by WowReactsOnly, Jan 12, 2019.

1. WowReactsOnly

WowReactsOnly
    Vancouver

Hello,

I currently use a sentry safe that is somewhat easier to move than heavier safes. What safes do yall recommemd that would be suitable for an apartment?

SeattleMomof2 likes this.
  2. edslhead

edslhead
    Vanc
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

A full one:D

3. MuleyTracker

MuleyTracker
    Eastern WA

I have a safe guard, it’s a subsidiary of champion/superior safe. I’m very satisfied with it, prices are very reasonable for what features you get and they’re build quality is top notch. A bit heavy though, comes in at 800# but that’s a big model too.

4. Tony617

Tony617
    Washington State
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Joe13 likes this.
  5. LSWC

LSWC
    Forest Grove

Ships flat, assembles quickly, and is configurable to cover you when things get swapped in & out. Not a stack-on, and not $2000/800#
    The Agile 52 is nice - SecureIt

NW Backpacker likes this.
  6. clearconscience

clearconscience
    Vancouver, WA
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I bought a Tracker out of Vancouver. Good safe for the money.

My next one will be a Liberty.

7. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX
    West of Portland from England
    Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

This reminds me, i think i'll need to go and check out Liberty in the next month or two.

nammac likes this.
  8. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Liberty...

Coastal Farm is a good place to check, typically has pretty good pricing. Picked up this Patriot series 23 gun for 1300.00

EEAFED0E-A825-4F47-89AA-832D44CA8A75.jpeg

3MTA3 and F2CMaDMaXX like this.
  9. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Prior to being loaded up... And having a full compliment of LED lighting installed...

As often has been said, buy a size up from what you think you need, it will get filled up. 85281FCB-B729-44D1-8E34-20DDEB96D67B.jpeg

clearconscience likes this.
  10. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX
    West of Portland from England
    Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Oddly, i'm at the point where the safe size i want, kinda doesn't fit in my office, and i don't really have anywhere else for it. Might have to compromise.

11. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Another vote for Tracker. It may not be top-pf-the-line protection, but it's a thousand time better than keeping guns in a corner of a closet. And a whole bunch better that a Stack-On security cabinet. The folks at Tracker were super nice to deal with. We slid the boxed, 24 gun I think, into the back of the pick-up on carpet. A neighbor and his son got it in for a couple bottles of hooch. I bolted it down.

12. collector rob

collector rob
    NW WA

Graffunder. 2340 lbs empty. Plate exterior body.
    safe2b.jpg

13. Dyjital

Dyjital
    Albany, Ore
    Flavorite Member

I had a Canon that was 400lbs empty and held like 24? when I lived in an apartment. Was heavy but fairly small and eas-ish to move.

nammac likes this.
  14. Mr Smith

Mr Smith
    54 68 65 20 73 74 69 63 6b 73
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Multiple smaller ones might not be a bad idea if space and moving frequently is a concern.

Also if you are concerned about theft of guns or a teenager getting into your safe...ditch the sentry and get something else. sentry is probably the easiest safe on earth to break into...honestly those cute little locks on a suitcase are harder to defeat than a sentry safe...a strong magnet is all it takes to unlock a sentry safe. no prying or code breaking required. A magnet will literally pull the small security bolt towards the magnet and allow you to turn the handle and open it as if you had put the code in.

also a pair of scissors can open those things via the keyhole... so for any actual security: they're a joke like most cheaper modern gun safes. But for compliance with the coming law or keeping little fingers off your guns: they get the job done.

If you have long guns and just have nowhere you can get a larger safe into your place: trigger/action locks and rifle bags may be your only option. doesn't protect from fire or theft, but at least complies with the law coming into effect this summer.

x2ndxall and 3MTA3 like this.
  15. WowReactsOnly

WowReactsOnly
    Vancouver

Correction my current safe is a stack on metal gun cabinet not a sentry I appreciate all the replies so far!

16. Lazyfaire

Lazyfaire
    Tigard
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Are you on the first floor?
    Do you have beefy friends to help or do you want it delivered?
    How many guns do you have to put into one?
    Do you have other items to put into it for safekeeping(jewelry,NFA stuff etc)?

x2ndxall and DuneHopper like this.
  17. Lazyfaire

Lazyfaire
    Tigard
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

I have bought 2 Trackers (14 gun). They also deliver and put into place. Nice guys.

18. x2ndxall

x2ndxall
    Like right now?
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

To answer the question as presented, without much detail; AmSec or Graffunder.

It's all relative though.

19. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    (2- " Q " -+1)
    Civility is a two way street. Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Liberty seem to have great support and are local, prices are good with deals found often.

20. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Liberty.

Rickenbacher39 and DuneHopper like this.