JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what I got on recommendation from DirectDrive. It might do a little better, but I still quit while I'm getting traces of crud out of the grooves.
Did you get the Carbon Remover ?
c4-carbon-remover2.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for cleaning suppressor baffles? A lot of popular gun solvents don't do anything for the massive carbon buildup. I've been using brake cleaner, but there's got to be a better way
What works for me is a mix of 1/2 Hydrogen Peroxide and 1/2 Vinegar. Soak over night.

What works for me is a mix of 1/2 Hydrogen Peroxide and 1/2 Vinegar. Soak over night.
This is the BOMB. But only use it on bare stainless steel and titanium, as it will strip off any colored finishes as i had a friend find out the hard way.....

Also:
-plastc or glass tub
-Safe place to dump toxic lead water When done, (gravel driveway?)

I also use kroil oil for removing copper fouling. It seems to creep umder the fouling. A gunsmith who is now retired showed me this trick.

PB buster worked well removing cylinder carbon rings someone shot nothing but shorts in the old Model 17 and a Lr would not even go in all the way ! I just used a 22 cal swab soaked in Pb and put a little time in and now good to go .

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top