JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what I got on recommendation from DirectDrive. It might do a little better, but I still quit while I'm getting traces of crud out of the grooves.
Did you get the Carbon Remover ?
c4-carbon-remover2.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for cleaning suppressor baffles? A lot of popular gun solvents don't do anything for the massive carbon buildup. I've been using brake cleaner, but there's got to be a better way
What works for me is a mix of 1/2 Hydrogen Peroxide and 1/2 Vinegar. Soak over night.

What works for me is a mix of 1/2 Hydrogen Peroxide and 1/2 Vinegar. Soak over night.
This is the BOMB. But only use it on bare stainless steel and titanium, as it will strip off any colored finishes as i had a friend find out the hard way.....

Also:
-plastc or glass tub
-Safe place to dump toxic lead water When done, (gravel driveway?)

I also use kroil oil for removing copper fouling. It seems to creep umder the fouling. A gunsmith who is now retired showed me this trick.

PB buster worked well removing cylinder carbon rings someone shot nothing but shorts in the old Model 17 and a Lr would not even go in all the way ! I just used a 22 cal swab soaked in Pb and put a little time in and now good to go .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top