JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't use this !
1672505428564.png

So I'm tearing down my Berthier and one of the butt plate screws is beat to death, with nearly no slot left.

As the top of the screw is almost flush with the plate I can't just use a hacksaw to make a new slot. Maybe I can use a dremel with a slitting disc?

Any ideas on this?

View attachment 1335951
can you get a replacement screw?
if so an easy out is a good solution

No worries, I used the edge of a chisel to open up the slot and then removed it with ease. Then recut the screw slot with a thin hacksaw blade.

Gave it a walnut finish, then rubbed it down with boiled linseed oil. Painted the buttplate (it was originally painted). The two stock bolts that I ordered haven't come in yet.

Looks pretty decent for a 50 buck project rifle. Cant wait till my box of ammo comes in, I'm dying to shoot it.

20230102_155758.jpg

Gave it a walnut finish, then rubbed it down with boiled linseed oil. Painted the buttplate (it was originally painted). The two stock bolts that I ordered haven't come in yet.

Looks pretty decent for a 50 buck project rifle. Cant wait till my box of ammo comes in, I'm dying to shoot it.

View attachment 1339473
Came out very damn nice! I can see why you are chomping to get some ammo to try it out now, enjoy!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top