JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a solid gun Cleaner. Not a lube or oil. Currently using this CLP and it's just not performing up to my expectations.

What do you use?

946FC5B6-90D8-4112-8EE1-6A3071A4F256.jpeg

Be careful if you use brake cleaner, use non-chlorinated if you do (look up how chlorinated can create micro fractures in metal)

I don't like the all-in-ones either, i use MPro7 for my cleaner.

Been using this stuff (and elbow grease) since the 80's in places that include Northern hemispheric forests, Southern hemispheric jungles, and urban settings on three continents…. and my workshop and tailgate, with nary an issue.

Learn it, know it, live it….. use it.

5006AAE1-7F34-478E-AAC0-9F6AE27DA1DD.jpeg

Last Edited:
For general cleaning of barrels/actions/etc...
MPro-7
Breakthrough solvent
Shooters Choice MC-7 cleaner

For tough carbon deposits
Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover

For muzzle brakes, suppressor baffles (don't use on anything other than raw metal, it will eat most finishes).
CLR (Calcium Lime Rust remover, found at most hardware,plumbing, home improvement stores)

For general cleaning of barrels/actions/etc...
MPro-7
Breakthrough solvent
Shooters Choice MC-7 cleaner

For tough carbon deposits
Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover

For muzzle brakes, suppressor baffles (don't use on anything other than raw metal, it will eat most finishes).
CLR (Calcium Lime Rust remover, found at most hardware,plumbing, home improvement stores)
When using CLR (for anything) wear rubber (or nitrile) gloves, because it'll dry your hands out…

Marvel Mystery Oil.
It's actually a fuel additive meant for cleaning out injectors but it's cheaper and works better than any actual gun cleaner I've used. Just make sure you clean it off when you're done and use a separate lubricant.
Hope this helps!

I WISH I could find something that really gets into the grooves and breaks down the carbon! I cleaned Wifey's AR after, maybe, 200 rnds using Hoppe's #9. MY process is, 1: swab barrel with no9 and wait a few minutes. 2: Push 2-3 patches through with jag to get the solvent out. The no9 eats the copper/bronze brushes. 3: scrub the bore with the bronze brush 20 or so, strokes. 4: put a couple drops gun oil on patch, push through bore using jag.
I repeated that routine numerous time and still never got totally clean final oiled patch out. I even let the solvent set for a couple of hours and even over night! I gave up and put the rifle back together.

I'm concerned when they say "Removes carbon and fowling without toxicity"? "100% biodegradable" "Safe yet strong"
All questionable.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top