JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I placed an order for a couple of nice scopes for the 10/22's of my father and I to use for the Appleseed event coming up this month. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're going to be here in time (good deal but long lead time). Currently mounted on my gun is a Vortex Crossfire 2 3-9x50mm which works fine with the adjustable objective but quite big and heavy at 18.4 ounces. He doesn't yet have a scope, but will need one for the event. Bonus points if we can use the existing 1" rings we bought.

Any suggestions?

BiMart Simmons are decent on our 10/22's (honestly forget which ones we have on them), working on the users technique now...which as always is the more important factor.

On a side note, didn't know we could scope for Appleseed? Do you still qualify for the patch, or is it a separate category?

BiMart Simmons are decent on our 10/22's (honestly forget which ones we have on them), working on the users technique now...which as always is the more important factor.

On a side note, didn't know we could scope for Appleseed? Do you still qualify for the patch, or is it a separate category?

Yep scopes are fine, bi-pods are not. I asked the same question during the class and their answer was that scopes don't make you a better shot, which made sense to me. Good thing too -- I'm not that old buy my eyes are already pretty poor.

Only had one Simmons. After a while, it wouldn't hold zero.:(
After wasting a lot of rounds, it finally went into the circular file.:mad:
I did discover a good way to test scopes though. Zero them and then bounce the butt stock
on the ground a couple of times. :eek:
If they still hold zero...You've got a good one.:)

Only had one Simmons. After a while, it wouldn't hold zero.:(
After wasting a lot of rounds, it finally went into the circular file.:mad:
I did discover a good way to test scopes though. Zero them and then bounce the butt stock
on the ground a couple of times. :eek:
If they still hold zero...You've got a good one.:)

Don't they have a warranty? (probably laughable for a $30 scope, I know)

I have both of these and they work perfect. Over a thousand rounds using these on my 1022 and mosberg plinkster eithout any issues. :cool:

Of the two, which do you prefer?

Replacing a broken scope, I got a Centerpoint 3x9 zoom at Walmart a few years ago. It was cheap and had interesting features like colored reticles (and mildots - I think), but I mainly like the external adjuster knobs, a big step up from my previous scope with those annoying dust caps and coin slots). Figured I'd just take it back if it was crap.

Getting it zeroed, I put my 10/22 on sandbags, hand held with standard velocity ammo. At 50 feet indoors, it was using the same hole in the target over and over again, expanding it to the size of a nickel with 10-round mags.

Not sure what criteria others here use, but I'm pretty satisfied with that - so far.

Looking forward to moving the zero out to 50 yards or more on a calm day. It was cold/breezy last time I tried and I was all over the place. Speaking of laughable...

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I put a cheap airsoft scope from Big 5 on my Savage 64F. I think it was less than $20. It holds zero and can hit the x-ring at 50 yards.

However, my 10/22 is not scoped and I can hit the pie plate at 100 yards w/ iron sights, offhand. If memory serves, most 22's are not very accurate beyond 120 yards, so I guess it depends how small your intended target is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top