JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a very cheap but reliable scope for a 22lr. Id like to stay well under $100 but wont compromise quality.... I just dont shoot the 22 that much is all, use is target, rabbit, grouse hunting.
Im looking for the best I can buy for the cheapest.

Any brands, and sales to recommend?

20221103_154745.jpg

I have a few of the BSA "Sweet .22" scopes and really like them. I have a 2-7 on my 77/22. I have used this for roughly 15 years now and thousands of round shooting out to 300 yards with it. This is a well used gun that is not babied.

Now that I can afford it I have thought about putting a "good" scope on it but this has done everything I wanted it to do.

I have a few of the BSA "Sweet .22" scopes and really like them. I have a 2-7 on my 77/22. I have used this for roughly 15 years now and thousands of round shooting out to 300 yards with it. This is a well used gun that is not babied.

Now that I can afford it I have thought about putting a "good" scope on it but this has done everything I wanted it to do.
added to my list. The one thing that stood out to me is the tall turrets and Im wanting something more streamlined since I use this rabbit and grouse hunting, but Im seeing the compact BSA Sweets have a really large FOV which is an advantage.

Edit to add, the 3 calibrated turrets that come with them are a good deal...

Last Edited:
Primary Arms fixed 6 with ACSS22.

PA6X32-22LR_07.jpg

added to my list. The one thing that stood out to me is the tall turrets and Im wanting something more streamlined since I use this rabbit and grouse hunting, but Im seeing the compact BSA Sweets have a really large FOV which is an advantage.

Edit to add, the 3 calibrated turrets that come with them are a good deal...

They are taller than most, but they are not obtrusively tall. I am not sure that I have ever accidentally changed the setting, and if so you would instantly notice since it is right in your field of view, if that is your concern.

I live in the county and as I said this gun get used. I use it in all conditions and situations. Mine has a can on it so it is fun, quiet (silencer), accurate and cheap to shoot. It it one of my most used guns over the years.

Just because I haven't seen it yet, how about the Vortex Crossfire 2-7x

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32 Rimfire, Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope - V-Plex Reticle https://a.co/d/aCGjB6w

Just outside the budget… but that's how we normally proceed anyways:D.

Just because I haven't seen it yet, how about the Vortex Crossfire 2-7x

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32 Rimfire, Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope - V-Plex Reticle https://a.co/d/aCGjB6w

Just outside the budget… but that's how we normally proceed anyways:D.
Ive been reading some bad reviews in some hunting forums and then after knowing first hand of one that failed out hunting this year Ive crossed Vortex off my list. Otherwise that would be a perfect scope for my 22...

I still havent decided, but currently the top of my list is one of the BSA Sweets mentioned above.

I have both the Simons and BSA scopes on different guns. Both have held up well, both have held zero for years without any adjustment. The down side is they are not the best at gathering light. So hunting into dusk and dawn is not as easy as with a fully coated scope.
I mostly shoot ground squirrels, and they are mostly hunted in the sunny hours, so this has not been a problem for me. DR

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews