JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are plenty cheap but usable RMR's for under $50. Be sure to look through the thing to be sure the "flare" is minimal.

Does it look like a dot or starburst?

You'll thank me later! :)
That starburst/flare is created by looking thru ANY Red Dot with READING Lens glasses or progressive lenses.
You need to have glasses with your DISTANCE prescription or no prescription to see a clear Red Dot.
jmo,

That starburst/flare is created by looking thru ANY Red Dot with READING Lens glasses or progressive lenses.
You need to have glasses with your DISTANCE prescription or no prescription to see a clear Red Dot.
jmo,
OK, I have dots going back over 25 years some reflex style have a slight flare. None of the tube style have any flare.
And yes, I wear the correct glasses for shooting Precision Pistol. My ophthalmologists is also a shooter he lets me bring in my guns to get the prescription exactly right including the depth of field for the specific optic.
I also have corrective lenses for a specific gun and metallic sights!

Smiles

OK, I have dots going back over 25 years some reflex style have a slight flare. None of the tube style have any flare.
And yes, I wear the correct glasses for shooting Precision Pistol. My ophthalmologists is also a shooter he lets me bring in my guns to get the prescription exactly right including the depth of field for the specific optic.
I also have corrective lenses for a specific gun and metallic sights!

Smiles
I had wondered about that too. Wear both progressive glasses or contacts. The dot on my ultra cheap TRS 25s is just a dot. Had a couple ultra cheap BSA's before these and same thing, just a dot with my glasses on. Seems strange that a higher end sight would be more problem than the very cheap ones.

Remember this thread?
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/red-dot-reflex-sight-for-under-12.399064/#post-3163855

So then, if you bought and liked the Pinty reflex sight.
You might also like this. It's their version of a more traditional-looking red dot sight.

WAIT a second. A 1/2 MOA red dot? Is that correct?
BUT, But, but.....further down it says 2 MOA dot.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany