JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have actually had good luck with this dot sight. Not a scope, but handles my air rifle I have it on which has killed more than a few good scopes and sights that cost $50+. This one was $19 and paired with my air rifle they shoot 1/3 inch groups at 25 yards and a 2 inch group at 90. My gun is a gas piston and the nice thing is it is pretty cheap so if it doesn't work on the gun it isn't a loss. Plus it has an aluminum shell and actual MOA adjustments unlike many other cheap dot sights.
Amazon.com : MASSWELL (TM) 1X 40 Red/Green Dot Sight Scope Tactical Weaver Picatinny Mount Five Brightness Settings Illuminated red Reticle : Sports & Outdoors

Don't they have a warranty? (probably laughable for a $30 scope, I know)

Of the two, which do you prefer?
I've only got scopes on a couple of my 22's as I prefer iron/peep sights. Both of them are the Simmons 4 powers as I just don't
feel the need for more with the plinking I do.
I've got an old Bushnell 4 power (Bimart $27 IIRC) on my Marlin 25MN and every time I look thru it amazes me. It rivals
my Nikon 2-7 as far as clarity. I was so excited I went and bought another. It sucked in comparison.

Hope it works for you!

Here's a plinking set I did the other day, same scope as that, 10/22. Indoor range, ?25 yards? I think anyways (ARPC indoor range if anyone knows...).

43A20382-65D9-4418-BCB6-213B1B35AC04_zpspbhaoz6o.jpg

nikon, burris or minox. cameralnadny has the zv3 for 85$. german scope made in USA. or any good brand name for around 100$.
Vortex, if you go diamondback to better. I think their crossfires suck.
I wouldn't waste my money with bushnell, taco, simmons, barska etc...

I like the Bushnell AR22 2-7x with ao and holdover marks. I've had good luck with the Swift 3-9 or 4-12 also. Use a UTG 3-9 w mill dots on an air rifle that has worked. All of mine have an adjustable objective for range finding and 10 yard focus to infinity. And beyond :)

I've had good luck with my Nikon 4-12x40 rimfire scope. It has an adjustable objective and BDC reticle. It sits on top of my 10-22 right now. The scope tracks well and holds zero very well:

IMG_0641_zps6tgyxkvq.jpg
IMG_0741_zpsrssudtq5.jpg

I like the BSA Sweet 22. Only $50. I put one on the FVSR and it works great. It has the swapable elevation turrets for 36,38 & 40 grain bullets. Only problem is, they were too cheap to include the extra 6 set screws so I have to move them from turret to turret... IMG_1917.JPG

a few years ago I happened onto a Chinese copy of a classic Weaver Alaskan; 4x12 and about $35 IIRC....has worked very well considering....gunshop was trying to get rid of them.

I took off a Nikon 32mm 4x scope and put on a Redfield Tactical .22 34mm 2-7x. I had an awful time zeroing the Redfield and probably should have left the Nikon in place. The Nikon had much better optics than the Redfield, but I wanted a little more power and a CDS. The Nikon was right around $100 and I got the Redfield on closeout for $90. Both still beat the 15mm 4x Tasco that I use to use.

I put a cheap sightmark red dot on my 10/22 looks like a knockoff eotech. I couldn't be happier with it to be honest. At 100 yards I can hit whatever I point it at. Gets a little hard to see small targets after that but I don't think many people shoot 22lr past that. And I think it's easier to switch targets with it than a scope. I think I paid less than $70

got to admit the virtues of a decent red dot has considerable merit for my own eyes;
there are some situations where I prefer actual magnification glass.

I've never had any good luck with the elCheapo red dots despite multiple attempts. I've come to appreciate the virtues of TRS25 in the $80 range as being suitable for personal needs. YMMV

And the qualitative differences between higher end vs econo end glass leaves me budgetarily confused at times. I don't always need 'the best' while all too often 'the cheapest' has failed to satisfy.

If all I'm wanting is a crosshair predictably stable over a larger target sight picture, there are many choices. As geezer-eye-tis grows more prominent, more expensive glass tubes seem inevitable.

How did you survive the recent rimfire ammo shortage with all those hungry babies?
I only have 2 and it pained me... luckily my local big box looks like this now... and the others are just as stocked.View attachment 369238

I have been keeping a comfortable amount of .22lr stocked for 10 years or so. When bimart has some in I grab a few bricks. Some things like Winchester Dynapoints that you can't find anymore, I have a stash of. Some of my .22s really like them. And I just target shoot and small game hunt, so ammo lasts a while.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top