JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to smoke up a couple Cowboy Burgers from Whole Paycheck -- I mean Whole Foods on my Char Broil infrared grill. Typical 3 woods blend of Hickory, Mesquite, Alder.

My go-to for ordering is In-N-Out, but they have only made it as far north as Medford, Oregon. Ate at that location last August.

20160819_140833.jpg

Last Edited:
Though I've never had one personally, never having entered the establishment, I hear the Acropolis has one hella outstanding burger, so tasty, juicy, and delicious... or so I've been told...somewhere...

For me Hamburgers are kinda like sex. Even a so-so burger is pretty dang goood!

If y'all know where Stanich's is, just East at the corner of 57th and Fremont is Peters Bar and Grill. Way back they were pretty good...Sold and ended up sucking....Sold, and the people that own it now hired a "Chef". There's something different, a flavor, texture, something, its pretty good. If you like a little heat get the Hot Mess. The gal makes a jalapeno cream cheese for the burger. And they use some fancy beef so it's juicy, flavorful and will leave you smelling on you fingers the next morning!

There is no "Best Burger" for me though.

Stanich's was amazing on Macadam. Amazing. They had a huge burger with a fried egg and ham on it. Damn... cough, cough... my chest hurts just typing about it. I'll bet if you ordered a "heart attack in a sack to go," that's what they'd make.

When I heard they closed that one and consolidated to their other location on the east side somewhere, I was at ease, keeping that one in my back pocket, for someday. Someday came - and I met one of my motorcycle buddies there, telling him this place was epic.

Not so.

Perhaps they'd sold already. The service was abysmal. The burgers and slimy fries took 30 minutes. We were the only 2 customers in there (so I'm guessing the rest of Portland already got the memo). I don't know who the f__ decided it's okay to destroy a thin, nasty little burger with sweet pickle relish, but I prudently restrained myself from going back into the kitchen to "educate" some unsuspecting chump - probably with a cigarette dangling at the grille.

After the "feast," we sat there for a long time, probably 20 more minutes, waiting for someone to present bill, pulling her off a mop bucket when she finally reappeared.

So what pissed me off about the whole thing? Walking out the door, my buddy said, "That sucked, I only tipped her 2 bucks."

"You whattt???"

Sad demise of a once great burger joint.

Last Edited:
It's tough to go wrong with a Wendy's Triple Baconator or anything from Five Guys. This doesn't really help the OP, but Frugal's in Port Angeles, WA puts together a pretty good burger, and if you're ever in Everson, WA, Herb Niemann's Steakhouse makes a delicious steak burger, and they have steaks dialed in too

Great thread! I cant wait to try a couple of these burgers on here. I like fried eggs and bacon on my burgers so heres 2 of my favorites. 1st is the "Wilbur's Jumbo Deluxe" at any McMenamins. McMenamins - Happy Hour Portland | Pubs | McMenamins The 2nd is "The Big Tilt" at Tilt. <broken link removed>
If you like the fried egg style with bacon (which I do) then you have to try Stanich's "Special". Not "The Best" anymore but still a really great burger. MUCH better that the "Wilburs" at McMenamins! No comparison at all.

Next time your in Medford go down the road to Jaspers, you'll never touch another In n Out burger.

I will try them because they may be "that good". But they'll never replace my In & Out. Too many good times hanging out as a teen up throughout my life. Also, real cruise nights. 1am on Arrow hwy in Covina.

Mine no longer exists... back before MGM ruined it, the Treasure Island in Vegas's Black Spot Grille was *very* good--somehow managed my perfect trifecta of crunchy carbonized exterior and no-pink interior, still moist inside and good flavor in a well-done.

Back when we were doing Christmas in Vegas every year, we always went there, always had the same server (Rowan hit it out of the park enough the first time there that every year after we always asked for his section), and always got a "same time next year?" on the way out.

The first year after MGM bought out Steve Wynn and Mirage Corp., the name and decor had changed but it was still the same... the year after that they discarded the Robert Louis Stevenson/"Golden Age of Piracy" theme for yet more of the same old dime-a-dozen sleaze, all of the old people who made the place what it was were gone, and we never went back.

I would hock a lobe of my liver to learn how they did the by-conventional-wisdom "impossible" on those burgers for me...

Moral of the story: MGM sucks @$$--avoid 'em like the plague.

Last Edited:
Mine no longer exists... back before MGM ruined it, the Treasure Island in Vegas's Black Spot Grille was *very* good--somehow managed my perfect trifecta of crunchy carbonized exterior and no-pink interior, still moist inside and good flavor in a well-done.

Back when we were doing Christmas in Vegas every year, we always went there, always had the same server (Rowan hit it out of the park enough the first time there that every year after we always asked for his section), and always got a "same time next year?" on the way out.

The first year after MGM bought out Steve Wynn and Mirage Corp., the name and decor had changed but it was still the same... the year after that they discarded the Robert Louis Stevenson/"Golden Age of Piracy" theme for yet more of the same old dime-a-dozen sleaze, all of the old people who made the place what it was were gone, and we never went back.

I would hock a lobe of my liver to learn how they did the by-conventional-wisdom "impossible" on those burgers for me...

The Mirage, TI's sister property, also had an awesome burger at a small place by the sports book. I wonder if it might have been the same? Like you, I was disappointed with the changes. I still can't believe they covered the Mirage's ceiling with all that black crap.

Anyone ever tried Tugboat Annie's in Olympia's Barge Burger? More than once my frat brothers and I were gonna stop to take that monster on while roadtripping but we couldn't find the place. :(

Thinking the next time I fire up the grill, I'm going to mix some shredded pineapple into the meat and marinate in either teriyaki or soy-sauce, go for a "Luau Burger" kinda thing.

Last Edited:
Though I've never had one personally, never having entered the establishment, I hear the Acropolis has one hella outstanding burger, so tasty, juicy, and delicious... or so I've been told...somewhere...
yeah its good there. so is the steak. i like mine with just a little pink;)

Thanks all for the suggestions!

Any places local to Salem / Keizer that makes a good burger with egg salad on it? Alternatively fried egg is second to egg salad.

The best burger I've EVER had was at the Outback Steakhouse in Bangkok Thailand.

Had been living off mutton and goat, noodles, scrambled eggs for months crossing Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Xingjian AR/Tibet AR.

Did have some really good pizza in Nepal though, but smeat was extremely rare, hard to find & hard to "identify"...is it soylent green? Dunno, but I'm really darned hungry...

Hmm - the best burger I ever had came from a burger joint whose name I cannot remember, located somewhere between Vancouver, BC and the border crossing in Blaine. I was a teenager at the time, and did not pay attention to many of the details, only that we stopped for lunch at a little hamburger stand along the highway. The burger I got was fricking amazing - juicy, cooked just right. Had cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, pickles and sauteed fresh local mushrooms. Served on a toasted buttered keizer roll with hand cut fresh french fries, perfectly salted.

For current favs - 5 Guys, Roakes, and Alf's in McMinnville. Love Roakes's burgers and their fries. Prefer the location on Columbia Blvd over the one on McLoughlin.

I don't find the Helvetia burger to be great, but it's decent. Same with Scotty's here in Forest Grove. 5 guys has the best semi-quick burger. Probably my favorite of the ones listed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top