JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to know where the best burger you have ever had is. The wife and I like to try different places to find the best burger and we have had some awesome ones and some horrible ones. Our current favorite is a spot called Linn City Pub in West Linn Oregon. Can't go wrong with a half pound of meat not including the bacon haha.
So what's your favorite spot? I'm not talking fast food. I mean a sit down restaurant. Good atmosphere, service, drinks.

I've had more bad/mediocre burgers at restaurants than I've had good ones. Just too many poorly made burgers out there.

But, I had a great one, about a month and a half ago, at a surprising place - Denny's in Canby. It was a double patty burger and the meat wasn't the usual pre-formed frozen stuff. These patties were hand-formed using some really tasty ground beef. Not dry, not too lean, just enough fat to keep things flavorful. Cooked medium rare with just a hint of pink in the middle, the way I like it. And juicy! It was dripping down my hand! It was, quite honestly, one of the best restaurant burgers I've had in a long time. I actually paid my compliments to them. I have to admit I was quite shocked. I'll need to try them again sometime and see if it was a fluke. What I don't know is if you can expect the same thing at other Denny's locations.

I'll give an honorable mention to Shari's as well - I've had a couple of decent burgers in their restaurants too, though it seems to vary from location to location, and even from day to day.

Best burger I've had, well my dad makes that - ground sirloin, cooked and seasoned perfectly - no restaurant has ever beaten his burger. His seasoning of choice (as is mine, when making burgers) is Cavender's Greek Seasoning. BTW, my daughter says my burgers are the best she's ever had - but she hasn't had a chance to try one of grandpa's burgers yet.

Besides that, I'm more of a french dip guy when I eat out - and one of my favorites is at Lil' Cooperstown. Haven't tried their burgers though.

Last Edited:
Stanich's used to be the best in town and my all-time favorite but since George died it has gone slowly gone downhill over the years. At one time it was rated #63 of the 101 Best Burgess in America!

I had heard how great the burgers were at the Cornelius Pass a Roadhouse, so I finally went there - and was quite disappointed at the mediocre quality of the burger. Never went back again.

Last Edited:
Helvetia (Tav ern), in Helvetia is pretty up there on my list. Great burgers great sauce. Also Hop Valley brewery in Springfield has great burgers and a great drink selection. I go there after every Duck game.

Edit: Tav ern is a bad word? Got bubble gummed.

my 70/30 venison/bonless chuck roast burgers on the traeger. good bun. ketchup,mustard,cheddar, pepper jack,grilled onions, fresh jalapenos and BACON

i want to go make one now. thanks! ive got about 30 more pounds of burger to eat!

Does memory lane count? The very best cheeseburger I have ever had still rings true in the mares nest of my feeble minds eye. Or nose and taste. Only problem is it was way back in about 1966.

A and W Root Beer hamburger stand in Anaheim California. About four, (4) long blocks North of Lincoln Ave on Magnolia Street in the West part of town. They had the roller skate girls back then.

I do not know if the burger place is even still there. The Chevron gas station I was working at two, (2) blocks South has long since been removed. Still the memory of the very best cheeseburger EVER! :)

The worst burgers Ive ever had were from upscale resturaunts (obviously not specializing in burgers)

Im a big fan of 5 Guys burgers, fries and shakes. That or the tripple baconator at Wendys, it comes with a free defibrillator. :confused:

As for actual resturaunts, Slobar in Portland has a good burger. The "killer burger" place in Tanasbourne is nothing to write home about.. All the other burgers Ive had have never stood out. They just throw some different sauce on it and call it origional.

Go to GOGOs off baseline and do their burger challenge. Thats always fun, if they still have it.

I don't order a burger from every place I go. The best one I've had so far is from Loyal Legion. Nice thick and juicy patty with 99 taps to wash it down. Just ignore the hipsters.

I've always appreciated a good t a v e r n burger, especially when they come with home made fries.

But in all honesty, Burgerville's Tillamook pepper-bacon Cheeseburger is mighty fine, and consistently good too.

nancys in keizer is good. locally owned by a really nice lady. i service her cars at my work. she hooks it up with a burger every once in a while.

Stanich's used to be the best in town and my all-time favorite but since George died it has gone slowly gone downhill over the years. At one time it was rated #63 of the 101 Best Burgess in America!
I grew up with Nick Stanich went to the same school and same baseball league, most my life lived on 45th and Klickatat 3blocks from Stanichs, growing up my Father loved the place his favorite burger place for sure.
I my self enjoy In-N-Out Burger when ever possible, but currently my favorite burger place is Big Burger in Molalla! Double bacon cheese burger with a large swirl cone!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads