JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ABV (Alcohol by Volume) on Hwy 26 and Helvatia has some pretty tasty burgers, I like the elk best. If you don't like the burgers for some reason they have more beers than I've ever seen in one place. I'll 2nd All In in Vernonia, the All In burger is hard to beat. Bundy's in Clatskanie used to be pretty good, still holding out a full on endorsement since the re-opening as I haven't had too much off the menu yet. For those who wander farther into the hills of Columbia Co. a MUST stop is the Birk. Mike's hand thrown smokehouse burgers will leave you full and smiling, then you can hang out for some world class live music and a beer.

ABV (Alcohol by Volume) on Hwy 26 and Helvatia has some pretty tasty burgers, I like the elk best. If you don't like the burgers for some reason they have more beers than I've ever seen in one place. I'll 2nd All In in Vernonia, the All In burger is hard to beat. Bundy's in Clatskanie used to be pretty good, still holding out a full on endorsement since the re-opening as I haven't had too much off the menu yet. For those who wander farther into the hills of Columbia Co. a MUST stop is the Birk. Mike's hand thrown smokehouse burgers will leave you full and smiling, then you can hang out for some world class live music and a beer.

The Birk was closed last time I was out that way. Tried a few times same results. Did they open recently ?

It used to be the Bonnie Linn, but it's been gone a long time having been replaced by a two story Burgerville just north of Mary S Young park. Everything was made to order and people stood in a long line and were happy to do so.

After that it was Macadam's Pub, which used painted hills beef. Unfortunately, it closed as well.

The best burger I have had since then is in Mitchell, Oregon at the Mitchell Stage Stop (Mitchell Stage Stop - Mitchell, Oregon - Best Burgers and Pizza East of the Ochocos!). I was doing a late summer camping trip in the Ochoco's and my buddy and I drove past there around lunch time and decided to skip cooking one meal. Everything perfect and very tasty. I'm dang near ready to jump in my truck and take the five hour drive right now...

Best burger I've ever had is at Mr bento surprisingly! There are two locations the one I go to is in Hillsboro. It is called the bento burger and is the only burger I order without needing bacon and cheese (almost unheard of for me). They have stupid good sweet potato fries as well!!

Anyone up Issaquah, WA area try out the Black Duck in Issaquah Square. OMG good like I have never had anywhere else! Nice atmosphere, full bar and helpful staff. They fry rosemary leaves with their homecut fries. Them's good eatin'. The XXX in Issaquah is no slouch either. Thanks a lot! Now I am hungry!

Lost Roo's in Long Beach:

Bacon Bleu Barbecue Burger

Folklore is true...I did take 5 trips (4 hours) each way last summer on my KTM 990 Adventure just for the burger & beer.

Another Stop With A good burger is The Carver hangar. Go on a friday morning during the summer, its a car show every friday morning. Im guilty of the bacon and cheese issue... (when I die bury me with my AK and cover me in bacon and cheese)

I don't know if it's still around, but Ton-On-a-Bun was one of the best burger places in the PNW. Steak Burger up in the 'Couve used to be pretty good too. I'm a Burgervill guy, love the Tillimook bacon an cheese with a basket of fries and a Mocha Perk Shake!!!

OHHH! back when i was going to mt hood a lot to snowboard we used to stop at calamity janes. REALLY GOOD BURGERS! i used to get the "mean jose" burger.

For me Hamburgers are kinda like sex. Even a so-so burger is pretty dang goood!

If y'all know where Stanich's is, just East at the corner of 57th and Fremont is Peters Bar and Grill. Way back they were pretty good...Sold and ended up sucking....Sold, and the people that own it now hired a "Chef". There's something different, a flavor, texture, something, its pretty good. If you like a little heat get the Hot Mess. The gal makes a jalapeno cream cheese for the burger. And they use some fancy beef so it's juicy, flavorful and will leave you smelling on you fingers the next morning!

There is no "Best Burger" for me though.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top