JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW:

I had conversations with some NFA dealers at the Albany gun show last weekend regarding my planned purchase of a suppressor. I made it known that I intended to purchase before December in order to beat the Trust changes, and therefore was looking for something in stock (so I wouldn't have to wait for the Form 3 to go through). One dealer said that I'd be good as long as the distributor had the item in stock, as he would submit my Form 4 at the same time he submitted the Form 3, since the Form 3 would be processed long before the Form 4 ever got to the top of the pile.

I would not hold your breath on the trust thing with ATF. It would not surprise me that the ATF could make all the trust deals retroactive. Meaning they can make all of us with trusts go back and get finger prints, pictures etc. I am waiting on 5 devices since January and I have not got one stamp back yet. I am thinking that its possible that they could be holding all the trust applications awaiting the final decision on the new ruling, now that would be a real set back for all of us awaiting stamps that are done with trusts.

I would not hold your breath on the trust thing with ATF. It would not surprise me that the ATF could make all the trust deals retroactive. Meaning they can make all of us with trusts go back and get finger prints, pictures etc. I am waiting on 5 devices since January and I have not got one stamp back yet. I am thinking that its possible that they could be holding all the trust applications awaiting the final decision on the new ruling, now that would be a real set back for all of us awaiting stamps that are done with trusts.

Could be, but even if they did that I wouldn't be any worse off than if I waited until after the rules changed, would I? Might as well try to beat the rule change.

i got my SBR stamp back in august and it was submitted with a trust in january, have you called and checked on your items, cause they are probably in problem status or the atf lost them, sandra is working on Feb right now

Could be, but even if they did that I wouldn't be any worse off than if I waited until after the rules changed, would I? Might as well try to beat the rule change.

No I don't think so, in my case the worse case scenario would be that the paper work would have to be resubmitted with LEO signature, prints and so forth, just another delay would be the worse case scenario.

i got my SBR stamp back in august and it was submitted with a trust in january, have you called and checked on your items, cause they are probably in problem status or the atf lost them, sandra is working on Feb right now

I checked status last week, and yes there was an error on my forms which was returned to the dealer, corrected and sent back to NFA in mid July. When I called last week I was informed that the errors were corrected and the forms are back in the queue for processing. I also asked about how much longer and was told it could be as early as November (this month) or as late as February 2014. It should be any time, at least I hope so, perhaps I will get an early Xmas present, now wouldn't that be nice!

No I don't think so, in my case the worse case scenario would be that the paper work would have to be resubmitted with LEO signature, prints and so forth, just another delay would be the worse case scenario.

I checked status last week, and yes there was an error on my forms which was returned to the dealer, corrected and sent back to NFA in mid July. When I called last week I was informed that the errors were corrected and the forms are back in the queue for processing. I also asked about how much longer and was told it could be as early as November (this month) or as late as February 2014. It should be any time, at least I hope so, perhaps I will get an early Xmas present, now wouldn't that be nice!

if its any consolation, i called them 2 days before my actual approval date and they told me it would be 30-60 days, hope your comes back soon!

Today I got a call from a friend that just got his stamp for a AOW back in Atlanta. He filed his form 4 with a trust in January for a shorty Mossberg shot gun, his dealer called yesterday telling him to come and get it. So apparently its nice to know that the ATF isn't holding back any trust applications at this time with the pending change in rules that will surely be passed.

I'm in a bit of a frenzy right now trying to figure out how I can afford as many NFA items as possible before things change. I should have 3 in process by the end of the month, hoping for one more suppressor by the end of the year. 2014 will be a long year.

I'll say one thing about the tax stamp waiting game. Time might feel slower, but my wallet sure feels lighter.
Must be a reduction in the earths gravitational force or something like that.

Same for me. One check cashed in Feb, 2 checks cashed early April, and 1 more check cashed on halloween.

They have no problems cashing our checks, that is one thing that is very quick with them!

I'll say one thing about the tax stamp waiting game. Time might feel slower, but my wallet sure feels lighter.
Must be a reduction in the earths gravitational force or something like that.

Most definitely the wallet is very much lighter.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top