JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, after a few days short of a year I brought my baby home.
I purchased this from Thunderbeast 30SP-1 just after thanksgiving 2012. Check cash 2/8 - final approval 7/15. Total time waiting on form 4 stamp was 9-1/2 months.

Taking suggestions on her name. Thinking of one of the seven heavenly virtues, temperance maybe?

The 223 is a tiny bit louder than the 308 with standard ammo. Both sound like a 22lr.

On my savage 10FCP-SR

AE82735F-DAFC-4830-90EC-CB0A873E7D84-573-000000F0AE191982_zpsf0bbe110.jpg

On my Gunsight Scout

30F443B9-9EDE-44F6-96C7-FA7B709AD702-573-000000F0A2A8E2F0_zpsb3e861e7.jpg

On my AR-15

0B7364FA-C68C-4211-A4E2-93674DE10628-573-000000F0B8CAA4B7_zps3e170cd0.jpg

We received a tax stamp back earlier this week for a Trust. Fingers crossed this means they are processing them as normal. Nothing better than calling someone and letting them know they can come get their "baby" out of prison.

Update, got a email message this evening from my dealer. I got all my stamps in today, so now load up a few rifles, go to Bend to visit the dealer to get my cans and go do a little target practice and play with the new toys! A very nice early present from the NFA branch! Now I am hoping to get a my last two Form 4s approved later this year. FYI all of my form 4s are on a trust as well.

I wish there was something we as citizens could do to call bullbubblegum on the whole ATF system, wasted tax dollars, useless lazy people making piles of paperwork on their desks to wait on, and basically screwing tax-paying/law-abiding citizens. Oh wait it's the Gov't., just bend over and take it. The processing of a stamp takes less than the basic background check to purchase a gun. Sorry just a rant, but most know what I'm talking about. Total BS..

So looking at NFAtracker.com I see a number of Eform filed applications that seem to be going though in only a few months time? What gives? Those of us that have pending forms are having to wait while the E-forms are being processed by the examiners? Does anyone have any insight about this? I am brand new to the NFA game and am waiting on my 1st stamp.

Richard

Nothing is going to go through in 3 months. It was a standard 6 months for the last few years and less prior to that. The ATF is quick to cash your check (About 2 weeks) then puts your paper in a pile and lets them sit there until they decide it is time to process. This is the whole BS part about it, the processing of the paperwork literally probably takes less than 10 minutes TOTAL. This is jus their way of discouraging people from even filing them even though these weapons/accessories are involved in no crimes and shouldn't require a tax to be paid/stamp in the first place. Classic Gov't control and stealing $200 from its Citizens. Makes me sick as I'm sure you can tell.

Eforms to entities (form 1 and form 4 to trust, corp, etc.) are at about 3 months for the earliest forms that were submitted. It appears the ATF has dedicated at least one or two examiners specifically to eforms for the time being. Whether that was done right away or not, who knows. So it's either taken a few months to get the initial forms through because that's how long it's going to take, or they recently started a major push on the eforms and it might actually take less time for eforms.

Also, more people have started using eforms over the last several months...and with reported returns of only a few months more will jump on board with eforms. At some point the ratio of eforms to paper forms may change so that paper forms take less time than eforms, then they'll need to react by adding more eform examiners...or hopefully just have all examiners able to process eforms as they come through.

There are also the people that are trying to get their forms in before the potential rule change regarding entities takes place, but that is a whole different discussion. If that rule change does happen, eform utilization will likely die down again. But if all eforms were used for were processing manufacturer registrations and dealer transfers, that should free up a lot of time for processing paper the paper forms 1 and 4.

Sent off two more forms this week (Form 1 for an SBR and a Form 4 for a suppressor), like a dumb@$$ I forgot to include a copy of my trust with my Form 1 :mad::mad::mad:

I called them the next day and asked about sending it in separately and having it attached to my applications, I was told that I would have to wait for my paperwork to rise to the top of the stack and for the error letter to come back. Sweet.

I have yet to get any tax stamps as it seems severely complicated which is the goal I am sure.
Is there an easy how to on getting Tax stamps?

I don't think there is any other ways other than the normal means of manually filling them out and using snail mail or the new E Form method.

Awesome man. Picture's please.

DRD Take down.jpg

Gem-Tech Halo attached to my DRD tactical take down coyote getter. For optics is a Gen3 Pinnacle tubed 4x night vision scope

Sig Mosquito.jpg

A little SIG Mosquito with the Gem-Tech Alpine 22LR suppressor. This unit is very quiet when used with Gem-Tech's 22LR subsonic rounds, which will also cycle the action in this pistol.

DRD Take down.jpg

Sig Mosquito.jpg

If you have a gun trust, the E-form is the way to go.
The hardest part is the initial cost of a quality suppressor.
The wait is also a factor, but who knows how much longer the feds will allow these items to be legally purchased.
Look what happened when the 1986 Firearm Owners' Protection Act (FOPA) was enacted and the price of legal machine guns went through the roof.
I see it as a investment, just like buying (3) 1000 round cases of Lake City 5.56 for $225.00 each (with free delivery to my door) one month before the Sandy Hook disaster. Thank you Slick Guns.
At that time, I didn't even own a rifle that shot 5.56 ammo, but it was too good a deal to pass up at the time.
Some day, we all might be looking back and lament "Why didn't I buy a couple of cans when they were easy to get and cheap too!"

If you have a gun trust, the E-form is the way to go.
The hardest part is the initial cost of a quality suppressor.
The wait is also a factor, but who knows how much longer the feds will allow these items to be legally purchased.
Look what happened when the 1986 Firearm Owners' Protection Act (FOPA) was enacted and the price of legal machine guns went the roof.
I see it as a investment, just like buying (3) 1000 round cases of Lake City 5.56 for $225.00 each (with free delivery to my door) one month before the Sandy Hook disaster. Thank you Slick Guns.
At that time, I didn't even own a rifle that shot 5.56 ammo, but it was too good a deal to pass up at the time.
Some day, we all might be looking back and lament "Why didn't I buy a couple of cans when they were easy to get and cheap too!"

Ah, rightly so!

I already have two Form 4's for "CANS" and they both took about 7 months (back in and 2011) My current Form 4 was sent in March 2013 and the last time I checked I should get it in Feb., 2014 That will be my last form 4. Oh, this one is for an American 180 :D

I already have two Form 4's for "CANS" and they both took about 7 months (back in and 2011) My current Form 4 was sent in March 2013 and the last time I checked I should get it in Feb., 2014 That will be my last form 4. Oh, this one is for an American 180 :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top